What's new

Straight pour of bourbon, neat, what is your go to pick

When you're hankering for a straight pour of bourbon, neat, what's your go to pick? Looking forward to getting some new ideas and great suggestions.

PS - Extra points for keeping the bottle under $45 :w00t:

Angel's Envy sounds nice, I just pulled up some info. Thanks. I've been reading some nice reviews of Elijah Craig 12 Year Old, too.

Blanton's has the quintessential "bourbon" flavor profile to me. It also has an incredible presentation as well. Just a touch over the $45 mark though.

What @MrSmith said - Blanton's. It's just a fantastic bourbon at a mostly reasonable price. Be forewarned though... Blanton's is getting harder to find as popularity has soared, yet they won't increase production. Something to do with keeping the quality high while all of the beard-wearing citylumberjacks grab what's available.

:sailor:

That's pretty much the way I drink all bourbon. But, Old Forester in any of its configurations is always a solid choice

Another vote for Blanton's, although it's a skosh out of bonus points range. Angel's Envy would probably be my pick if "keep it under $45" were a requirement.

old rip 10 yr.

proxy.php

I think Woodford's is pretty good for the price. I've never had Blantons but have always wanted to pickup a bottle. Old Forester 101 and Bullett are two others I will pick up often. If I'm going cheap Benchmark or Evan Williams will suffice.

Bulleit is nice and reasonable. Makers Mark is smooth. Other good ones Four Roses Small Batch, Blanton's, and Noah's Mill.

I sampled Eagle Rare, today. I was surprised by the sweetness. Sweetness is not what I'm for...prefer more oomph. I suspect [MENTION=56087]martym[/MENTION] 's Elijah Craig Barrel Proof has some oomph!

Top Bottom