What's new

What Tea/Tisane Are You Drinking?

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
Most mornings it's Twinings English Breakfast or Irish Breakfast. Afternoons it's Twinings Earl Grey or....PG Tips

I liked Twinings EB until our resident Brit told me to buy PG Tips. I haven't bought Twinings since.

Taiwan oolong tea tasting day. Some aged & well roasted tie guan yin, alishan, oriental beauty & dong ding with some rather fancy sweets/deserts for accompaniment. Started off with a talk about the growth of oolong in Taiwan and the influence of John Dodd, British chap & tea merchant, who had a huge influence on the explosion of oolong tea being grown and exported from Taiwan in from the late 1860's to the turn of the century. It was a good tea day.

$formosa-oolong-tasting.jpg

Taiwan oolong tea tasting day. Some aged & well roasted tie guan yin, alishan, oriental beauty & dong ding with some rather fancy sweets/deserts for accompaniment. Started off with a talk about the growth of oolong in Taiwan and the influence of John Dodd, British chap & tea merchant, who had a huge influence on the explosion of oolong tea being grown and exported from Taiwan in from the late 1860's to the turn of the century. It was a good tea day.

View attachment 686149
Alishan! Sounds like a wonderful tasting.

Brewed a pot of puehr this morning, and placed an order for a couple of different pre-chingming teas from Upton. We ordered it last year, and my wife loved the one we tried. Neither of us realized that these are produced seasonally in limited amounts. I hope this year's compares favorably to what we had before. I'm curious if anyone else has much experience with these.

TexLaw

Fussy Evil Genius
I kicked off the morning with a third steeping of the kuradashi gyokuro pinnacle. I never got around to it, yesterday, and the leaves were just sitting there. Why not?

I know it's not a great practice, but it was still in very good shape and quite enjoyable to start the morning with something so mild and gentle both on the palate and on the head.

TexLaw

Fussy Evil Genius
I some more of the Rington's with a squeeze of Mexican lime from my tree.

The humidity is still too high here for hot tea. A pitcher of Lipton's with sliced lemon is chilling in the fridge.

Hi,

I've been jumping around today. Started with Jasmine Dragon Pearls for contemplation this morning. Moved to Darjeeling for that rich satisfying flavor. And I just opened a fresh tin of Twinnings Earl Grey to have with my braunschweiger on freshly made home made bread.

Dale

Top Bottom