What's new

What Tea/Tisane Are You Drinking?

TexLaw

Fussy Evil Genius
China Gunpowder Temple of Heaven. It's a sample that was included with another order. I forgot about the poor thing for a while, so it's not in its best shape. Still, it's good. The first steeping was unremarkable. The second steeping, though, has plenty of nutty and sweet, grassy notes reminiscent of Japanese sencha. It's definitely lost its nuances, but it's still a nice cup to have next to me while working.

ouch

Stjynnkii membörd dummpsjterd
Tomorrow will likely see the same selection as today.

About six or seven years ago, you sent me a sample of some liu an basket tea from Anhui. After nearly a decade of gargling with turpentine, antifreeze, and every liquor known to man, I'm happy to report that the taste of it is almost completely gone. :lol:

About six or seven years ago, you sent me a sample of some liu an basket tea from Anhui. After nearly a decade of gargling with turpentine, antifreeze, and every liquor known to man, I'm happy to report that the taste of it is almost completely gone. :lol:
I too have been using it as an excuse whenever I'm caught drinking turpentine. It really did excel in the lingering aftertaste category. Glad to hear you report 'almost' :)

Hello! I am new here, just came for some shaving information and decided to stay for the -interesting- whimsical discussions too.
I am drinking a nice Shui Hsien oolong tea.

TexLaw

Fussy Evil Genius
Hello! I am new here, just came for some shaving information and decided to stay for the -interesting- whimsical discussions too.
I am drinking a nice Shui Hsien oolong tea.
Welcome! Please pull up a stool or comfy chair, hammock, or whatever you like and tell us a bit about what you like, what you know, and what you've always wondered about.

Cheers!

Most mornings it's Twinings English Breakfast or Irish Breakfast. Afternoons it's Twinings Earl Grey or....PG Tips

On the mornings I'm not drinking Pilon espresso, it's Kenya Milima Estate tea. A great African tea, and one of the few that isn't processed for the CTC market.

A green & black Earl Grey from Stash that I'm trying to 3017 because I'm not a big fan of it. I've perhaps 15 cups more to go.

ouch

Stjynnkii membörd dummpsjterd
I too have been using it as an excuse whenever I'm caught drinking turpentine. It really did excel in the lingering aftertaste category. Glad to hear you report 'almost' :)

Well, it was certainly an interesting experience. Thanks!

At the opposite end of the spectrum, today's tea was a dayuling, smooth as can be.

I am working on a pot of Keemun tea. I order it in 5 pound bags and have at least one pot a day in an effort to get moving for another night at work.

Red Rose China Black. I prefer pure black teas. The tea is a K-Cup and is really, really good. My other tea, in a pyramid bag, is Lipton's Black Tea-English Breakfast.

Mikey

Presently, I am enjoying a cup of Yunnan Noir from Adadio with just a few of their Amber Sugar Crystals. The Yute is enjoying the second steeping of the same the same way.
I recall trying, and really enjoying, the Yunnan Noir from Adagio years back, had completely forgotten about it. Thanks for the reminder.

My wife just spotted an Oriental Beauty tea tasting afternoon at a nearby museum that has a selection of teaware I've been eyeing regularly since I was tiny. Singed up and excited about it, I had an awesome Oriental Beauty from Stephane Erler a long while ago and have had a few, budget, duds from elsewhere since. Hopeful this is the good stuff.

Tea today was the same sheng pu-erh I've been drinking for a week or two:
$shengpu.jpg

I recall trying, and really enjoying, the Yunnan Noir from Adagio years back, had completely forgotten about it. Thanks for the reminder.

:thumbup1:

My wife just spotted an Oriental Beauty tea tasting afternoon at a nearby museum that has a selection of teaware I've been eyeing regularly since I was tiny. Singed up and excited about it, I had an awesome Oriental Beauty from Stephane Erler a long while ago and have had a few, budget, duds from elsewhere since. Hopeful this is the good stuff.

Tea today was the same sheng pu-erh I've been drinking for a week or two:

I've tried several pu-erhs and quite liked them. Enjoy!

Top Bottom