What's new

Most Purchased Double Edge Blades (Based on B&B 100 Pack Purchases Thread) ***UPDATE

******For latest rankings see post #76 ******

I just got done analyzing the 100 count (or more) pack purchases in the What's Your Latest 100 Blade Purchase, And Why? thread. My assumption was if you purchases 100 or more of a blade, you like them. Just thought it would be interesting to see the results.

Out of 444 posted purchases this is the results:

RankBladePercent
1Voskhod11.8%
2Astra Superior Platinum11.0%
3Gillette Silver Blue10.5%
4Feather9.7%
5PolSilver Super Iridium8.9%
6Personna Lab Blues7.9%
7Gillette Nacet5.2%
8Gillette 7 o'clock Yellow4.2%
9Rapira Swedish SuperSteel3.9%
10 (Tie)Personna Blues3.1%
10 (Tie)Rapira Platinum Lux3.1%
11 (Tie)Personna Red Israeli2.4%
11 (Tie)Rockwell2.4%
11 (Tie)Wilkinson Sword2.4%
12Perma-Sharp1.8%
13 (Tie)Crystals1.6%
13 (Tie)Gillette 7 o'clock Super Stainless1.6%
14 (Tie)Astra Stainless1.3%
14 (Tie)Derby1.3%
14 (Tie)Gillette 7 o'clock Black1.3%
14 (Tie)Kai Stainless Steel1.3%
15 (Tie)Bolzano Superinox Inossidable1.0%
15 (Tie)Rapira Super Stainless1.0%
15 (Tie)Shark Super Stainless1.0%

Does this mean one of these is the blade for you? No as always with blades YMMV. I just thought it would be an interesting way to look at blades.
However based on this I'm going to be testing a few more blades that I haven't tested yet.

Last edited by a moderator:
Great list. If someone was new to wet shaving, he could do a lot worse than to get a sampler of two of each of those blades.

Great list. If someone was new to wet shaving, he could do a lot worse than to get a sampler of two of each of those blades.

The ones at the top certainly seem to get the most attention around here. I've tried most all of them, and the ones at the top deserve to be there. I agree that if someone were making a blade sample pack, trying a couple each of the top 6-10 would be a great way to go.

Good list. I think that rather than a newbie trying 40 different blades a single time, they should narrow it down. If someone can't find a decent blade out of the top 5 or so, they are doing it wrong.

I find people gravitate to what is cheap and performs well. Voskhod's only recently got very popular when the Russian rubbie crumbled and one could get a sleeve of them cheap cheap.

Feathers, Polsilver, Astra, GSB's, Personna's and Perma-sharps have always been a favourite but more so in the last few years since the price dropped on some of them. It wasn't that long ago that the going rate on 100 Feathers was $38usd delivered and $20usd for Voskhods. Now they can be had for $22usd and $10usd respectively. I like any decent current production blade but my preference still lies with Vintage stainless blades and I have over 10 years worth of Gillette super stainless (spoilers) alone.

Interesting.
All my blade stash except for one brand are in the top 10.
And 20% of my stash is one brand....GSB.

5 of the 8 brands in my stash are Russian....
I'd hazzard a guess that Russian blades just might be fairly popular.
[emoji15]

BradWorld

Dances with Wolfs
Three of the top four have been in my recent 100 blade purchases. Great list. Thanks for doing that.

Great information.
Even though I have my stash (some unopened boxes will be discovered by an archeologist some day a thousand years from now),this could be extremely helpful to newbies. You might consider posting this on the newbies thread to save them from cheap no good blades as they are starting out.
Thanks again for doing this

Really interesting. Thanks for doing the research.

Not that I'm trying to cook the books, but I bought 1400 Voskhods in the past year. :tongue_sm

Mainly Russian. I find this to be true to as far as quality. I guess they know how to make a blade over there. Now to find a russian pocket knife.

I believe that there are so many Russian blades because you can't get American ones, other than some Personna products, any longer.

The Count of Merkur Cristo

B&B's Emperor of Emojis
Clyde:
Great work in your analysis...btw...Voskhod is my 'go-to' blade!
proxy.php

[FONT=&amp][FONT=&amp] [FONT=&amp]
attachment.php
"Dа...Время от времени, лезвие может быть между фокусами и изумление". Aнонимный (Translation...“Yes...at times, a razor blade can be between gimmickry and amazement". Anonymous[/FONT][/FONT][/FONT]
PS Did you happen to know that Voskhod means 'sunrise'
...shaving at sunrise with Voskhod...fitting don't you think
proxy.php
proxy.php

I am in the top tier for feathers. Already commented on but it is DEFINETELY interesting that the 4oc the top 5 are Russian.

Top Bottom