What's new

Finally went into an AE store

So they opened a new Allen Edmonds store near me a couple of months ago and I finally went in today for a new pair. I got measured up correctly and discovered why my beloved pair of walnut strands never felt right. Apparently I'm a full size down on the 5 last. I have a new pair of McCallisters in chili headed my way by mail as they didn't have my size in stock in that color. Now I'm on the lookout for a new pair of strands. I guess I'll have to move my current pair onto a new home. Thats what I get for ordering by mail :(

Karl

I was a 100% AE only man for 30 years. They are great, but I after I tried Alden's and vintage Florsheim, (they always have green interior stitching}, vintage Florsheim and vintage Hanovers I am not a AE only guy any more.

I started with my first pair of AE's in 1964 as a teenager and 50 years later found them again. have a few pair now but agree with many that Aldens fit better and push my buttons now. Cordovan is an addiction and living in Oregon with rain makes it tough to wear them a lot. That first pair was earned by selling carpet samples in my parents furniture store , to impress my older brother, and after all that they created horrible corns and killed my feet for two years. Still remember them fondly as all memories of childhood are.

Top Bottom