What's new

Anybody watching 'Stranger Things'?

Ad Astra

The Instigator
Just finished Stranger Things. :thumbup1: Enjoyable, original- leaves you asking questions (maybe too many. not crazy about the ending).

And Eleven is a happening Halloween costume for small girls/women; crewcut, bloody nose and Eggo waffles in hand.

"Another dimension, sure. But what if it's ALSO another planet?"

"Like another dimension FROM another planet?"

"Yeah."

"Whoa ..."

AA

Just finished Stranger Things. :thumbup1: Enjoyable, original- leaves you asking questions (maybe too many. not crazy about the ending).

And Eleven is a happening Halloween costume for small girls/women; crewcut, bloody nose and Eggo waffles in hand.

"Another dimension, sure. But what if it's ALSO another planet?"

"Like another dimension FROM another planet?"

"Yeah."

"Whoa ..."

AA
The Upside-down is same earth but parallel universe...the ending sites up the next sequel

Ad Astra

The Instigator
It's another dimension, but not necessarily a parallel universe.

Unless its both! And then, the creatures origin remains: multidimensional? Alien? Both?

AA

alishock

I wrap my lips around a lovely pipe
Heard loads of hype around this but found it cliche and really disappointing. Am I missing something but I thought the acting was generally average and the story totally predictable.

Heard loads of hype around this but found it cliche and really disappointing. Am I missing something but I thought the acting was generally average and the story totally predictable.

What shows do you enjoy? While I loved ST to death, it certainly won't be everyone's cup of tea. Some people like the Kardashians, my folks watch nothing but horribly contrived home improvement/shopping shows, and Jersey Shore was somehow a thing.

I love this show........can't wait for season #2.

I hope 11 comes back for season 2.

One of the best shows I've ever watched.

Loved it. Predictable or not I very much enjoyed the nostalgic/horror/suspense vibes it had. I am looking forward to season 2.

Cliche was kind of the point. If you didn't like it...no need to respond.

Sent from the Danger Phone

I get a kick out of watching it with my two kids. They're 13 and really into it. I'm a product of the 80's and the references are many.

~Royce

I kept thinking of the Goonies while watching it.

Another good reference. Just finished the first three eps last night. Love the 80's overload. I think I still have my AD&D dice somewhere :thumbup:

I kept thinking:
E.T.
Stand by Me
X-files
Close Encounters of the Third Kind (channeling Richard Dreyfuss's wacky behavior in particular)

It was an awesome show. I'm super nostalgic for that time in my life.

I had the best bigwheel ever.

Of course, this was also the decade of my trying to 'pet bumble bees'.

Last edited:

Ad Astra

The Instigator
+1. Police with revolvers. Kids' bikes with banana seats and chopper handlebars.

I HAD that Radio Shack walky-talky!

AA

Top Bottom