What's new

Synthetic Shaving Brush Pass Around

I just thought of another one that ought to be included, if anybody has one to spare.

The Kent Infinitex - isn't that the one with the so-called "gel-tips" ?

I recently acquired a set of Muhle brushes. One of them isn't to my liking and someone else may benefit from it. It is a 'Vintage' Muhle Silvertip Fiber. It is not as soft as their recent offers. It feels more like a pure badger brush and has a decent amount of scritch.

proxy.php

It is the one in the middle. If interested, please let me know. I know it's not sold anymore but more than happy to contribute.

Hi guys! I'm going to be refining the list of brushes for the Box this week. Be on the lookout for PM's. I've been swamped at work but I'm eager to get this going.

Yeah, I know I'm jumping the gun a bit but how do I get signed up for this one. I'd love to try some synthetic brushes.

Well I think now's as good a time as any to begin the sign-up list.

1. [MENTION=73656]dfoulk[/MENTION]

Oh - I meant to add that I have an Omega S Brush that I've only used a few times. I was going to PIF it - I don't like it very much - but if you'd like, I'd be happy to add it to the collection. (Bear in mind that it's probably not as good as most of the others that will be in the box.)

Oh - I meant to add that I have an Omega S Brush that I've only used a few times. I was going to PIF it - I don't like it very much - but if you'd like, I'd be happy to add it to the collection. (Bear in mind that it's probably not as good as most of the others that will be in the box.)

I still hope we get some solid vendor support, but if not, let me know. I'd like to help if I can.

That would give a sampling of smaller brushes as well.

I just arbitrarily suggested 24mm because it seems to be the most popular size and also because it's a very middle ground size. The standard Fine Angel Hair comes in at 20mm while the Satin Tip is estimated to be 22mm, so the lower end of the spectrum has some good representation.

It's probably also tougher to make fair comparisons between two brushes that use different fibers when the knots are also different sizes, but I guess that's a moot point because different manufacturers seem to use knots with different sized glue bumps anyway.

Last edited by a moderator:
[MENTION=81775]mightyeskimo[/MENTION] - are you going to (be willing to) open this up to more than 8 people?

Top Bottom