What's new

Synthetic Shaving Brush Pass Around

I've stickied (is that even a verb?) this thread so I (and others but mostly I, LOL) can grab it faster.

Thanks, I was having to dig through a lot of threads to find this one. Its nice to have the power of the pen. :thumbup1:

Thank heavens that's going to make this thread SO much easier to find!
I normally go through my "Recent Posts" search on my Settings page,
but sometimes this thread is on the 2nd or 3rd page.
#Stickyfication was a great idea.

Speaking of #GREAT_IDEAS ... thank you [MENTION=81775]mightyeskimo[/MENTION] for putting this pass box together.
I've been in numerous passes here on B&B and other shave groups,
but it seems like this one is the most fun I've ever had.
And the box isn't anywhere near me yet ...
I'm REALLY looking forward to that day when it hits the mailbox.

I'm interested in participating in this. I'd really like to find a synthetic brush that I like, and I was recently disappointed by my purchase of a RR Plissoft Disruptor. Are any of the brushes in the box somewhat similar to boar?

I'm interested in participating in this. I'd really like to find a synthetic brush that I like, and I was recently disappointed by my purchase of a RR Plissoft Disruptor. Are any of the brushes in the box somewhat similar to boar?
I've not tried all the ones in the box, but I have tried about 5 different synthetic brushes and I wouldn't describe any as similar to a boar...hopefully others will chime in as well about their experiences. What do you like about boar brushes? Thai may also help you choose a different synthetic to try next.

I've not tried all the ones in the box, but I have tried about 5 different synthetic brushes and I wouldn't describe any as similar to a boar...hopefully others will chime in as well about their experiences. What do you like about boar brushes? Thai may also help you choose a different synthetic to try next.

Thanks Nick! I just posted a thread for recommendations. I think I like a brush with some scritch and a decent amount of backbone. I haven't tried too many brushes, and I find it difficult to explain exactly what it is that I'm looking for. I explained details in the thread about what I like or don't like about my current brushes. I really want to find a synthetic that I like without having to buy a bunch.

The biggest difference is that using a synthetic in a bowl almost always seems to result in a lather that has more air with larger bubbles, and face lathering with a synthetic tends to result in a lather that is more dense. I have difficulty getting a nice hydrated cushiony slick lather with synthetics.

Thanks Nick! I just posted a thread for recommendations. I think I like a brush with some scritch and a decent amount of backbone. I haven't tried too many brushes, and I find it difficult to explain exactly what it is that I'm looking for. I explained details in the thread about what I like or don't like about my current brushes. I really want to find a synthetic that I like without having to buy a bunch.

The biggest difference is that using a synthetic in a bowl almost always seems to result in a lather that has more air with larger bubbles, and face lathering with a synthetic tends to result in a lather that is more dense. I have difficulty getting a nice hydrated cushiony slick lather with synthetics.
I'll go find your thread and see if I can add any insight of my own.

Hi Nick! I think it may depend on which boar you're shooting for. All of these brushes, IMHO, are very soft and lack the huge amount of backbone found in a typical boar. However, there are probably some boars out there that might compare. As always, YMMV. Keep an eye on this thread and jump in. We're happy you're here!

Hi Nick! I think it may depend on which boar you're shooting for. All of these brushes, IMHO, are very soft and lack the huge amount of backbone found in a typical boar. However, there are probably some boars out there that might compare. As always, YMMV. Keep an eye on this thread and jump in. We're happy you're here!

Thanks, Don! I'm thinking I'm going to put an Omega S Brush on my wish list, and I'll stay out of the pass around for now. I'm happy great pass arounds like this exist!

Now that I have two synthetic brushes that I love, I'm curious to see how the others stack up and whether any of them become must-adds to my den.

So I finished up with the box and it will be going out tomorrow. I am sticking with my previous reviews and like the Kong the most followed by Crown King and Razorock. I like Whipped Dog but, need less backbone. This has allowed me to decide if I wantold a quick synthetic shave or take my time with a badger. I will most likely buy a Lil Brudder just to weight and sizing. Thanks for the opportunity. $20161024_234111.jpg

So I finished up with the box and it will be going out tomorrow. I am sticking with my previous reviews and like the Kong the most followed by Crown King and Razorock. I like Whipped Dog but, need less backbone. This has allowed me to decide if I wantold a quick synthetic shave or take my time with a badger. I will most likely buy a Lil Brudder just to weight and sizing. Thanks for the opportunity.View attachment 697947

Nice job with the box and reviews

Am I the only one disappointed by the lack of any updates here? The package shows that it was delivered to the next person 4 days ago. I'm excited for updates!!!

My apologies. I received 2 more brushes to add to the box. Look for a new pic and tracking to the next recipient today.

Good news! We've added two more brushes to the box! The two new brushes are a L'Occitane Plisson and a Zenith. [MENTION=70368]paintflinger[/MENTION], if you have the specs on these brushes I'll add them to the table in the first post. I've updated the pictures to show the new brushes. I've also re-packaged the brushes in a new box. After seeing how flimsy the flat rate boxes are and how strangely they fold up I've decided to go back to using a sturdier box. If at any time a participant feels the box should be changed out, please contact me and I'll make arrangements to take care of that. I'll edit the details in the first post to reflect this. Also, after seeing that some of the silica packets have torn open, I've included all the extra packets in the box. Please change them out as you need to. Thanks everyone!

Top Bottom