What's new

The Scotch Whisky Road

Several things conspired to send me down this whisky road and truthfully, I couldn't be happier. First of course is the What is your Scotch rotation? thread, which I began reading/following after wanting to branch out from my lovely bourbons. Second was the desire to buy my own Scotch instead of just drinking my friends Scotch. (This was a tough one as I have some very well-to-do friends.) And last there is my lovely wife to thank, who has enabled me with our first venture as small business owners. Trust me - if ever there was a reason to drink Scotch, it's having a wife as your business partner.

So here are my first three, with more to be added as needed. The Dalwhinnie 15 is the perfect Summer Scotch, if there is such a thing. The Talisker 10 is just lovely, and The Balvenie 14 Caribbean Cask was bought today and will be had this evening.
Most importantly though, is what to try next...? :sailor:

$2016-08-02 at 00-00-00.jpg

I'm liking the way you're thinking!!

Thank you - I'm liking it too!

I'm having a dram of The Balvenie as I write this and it's another very fine Scotch. Fruity + vanilla + a little hint of rum + a very nice not-too-dry finish... I hope this road never ends!

:sailor:

Aberlour - very easy and accessible but also very deep in it's flavor profile

Highland park - Excellent and the first steps into the dark dangerous world of peat (still very easy to drink)

Aedbeg 10 - Peat. and well more Peat - think Fall mountain air, burning leaves, campfire .... and blissfully nod off into oblivion :001_smile

Highland park - Excellent and the first steps into the dark dangerous world of peat (still very easy to drink)

Aedbeg 10 - Peat. and well more Peat - think Fall mountain air, burning leaves, campfire .... and blissfully nod off into oblivion :001_smile
I'm going to have to try some Ardbeg

Ardbeg 10 - Peat. and well more Peat - think Fall mountain air, burning leaves, campfire .... and blissfully nod off into oblivion

I'm going to have to try some Ardbeg

Aberlour 12 Non Chill Filtered, Highland Park 12 and Ardbeg 10 are all on my "list" but I think my next bottle will be a Benromach 10, or a Springbank 10, or maybe a Lagavulin 16, or maybe...??

What a lovely decision to have...

Excellent choices. I would like to pick up a bottle of Balvenie CC myself. Have you tried it yet?

Lagavulin 16 and Ardbeg are on my list when the weather starts to turn brisk. Islay's are definitely a fall scotch for me.

Excellent choices. I would like to pick up a bottle of Balvenie CC myself. Have you tried it yet?

Lagavulin 16 and Ardbeg are on my list when the weather starts to turn brisk. Islay's are definitely a fall scotch for me.

Oooo Balvenie, It is that or Highland Park. The double wood is fantastic!!

Islay's were a Fall drink for me as well ....then it was an everyday drink :blushing:

Ardbeg had been a passion of mine since a friend shared his bottle of the Super nova 2009 - how I will repay him I'll never know

The Blavenie CC is excellent - it's all I've been drinking these evenings. I was all set the get the Double Wood but was told that the CC is all the Double Wood has pus a bit more spice and refinement - and he was right! It is a bit more expensive, but I like it a lot. And the rum influence is very mild - in the background - and doesn't dominate the flavors.

Yes ... but only if summer is 12 months long.

You know the more I drink the Dalwhinnie 15 the more I agree with you. It's just a very nice, smooth, delicious Scotch and I don't think it will ever leave my rotation. Plus, it's easily available at our local Trader Joe's market.

And for all of you here in the SF Bay Area, check out K&L Wine Merchants for their great selection and prices.

Auchentoshan 3 Wood or Glenmorangie Nectar D'Or.

I've been looking at both the Glenmorangie 10 Year and Nectar D'Or 12 year. I'm pretty sure one of these will be the next turn in my Whisky Road, especially when the 10 year can be had for only $30!

You know the more I drink the Dalwhinnie 15 the more I agree with you. It's just a very nice, smooth, delicious Scotch and I don't think it will ever leave my rotation. Plus, it's easily available at our local Trader Joe's market.

And for all of you here in the SF Bay Area, check out K&L Wine Merchants for their great selection and prices.

It's hard to beat Dalwhinney. It's just so darn good!

I've been looking at both the Glenmorangie 10 Year and Nectar D'Or 12 year. I'm pretty sure one of these will be the next turn in my Whisky Road, especially when the 10 year can be had for only $30!

Glenmorangie 10 is worth a try. Very light and easy to drink. It's probably what I would give a person wanting to try scotch for the first time. I read its also the best selling scotch in all of Scotland so Id say its worth adding to your collection.

Top Bottom