What's new

Safety Razor of the Month, August 2016 - Schick Injectors

Picked up the two in the middle today in the wild. Someone opened up the small pearl handle razor. The head had play in it so I had to operate on it. I opened it and bent the spring so that it was tighter. The second option was to cut one side of the fork to permanently make it open and close. It's pretty tight now so I'll hold off on option 2.

$uploadfromtaptalk1470096915341.jpg

G1?/Schick blade

Took some work to get a BBS shave out of it but I got it. It is pretty mild, too mild for me. I find it to be milder than my G bar.

I only shaved my face with it, use a Slim for my head shave.

$uploadfromtaptalk1470135794217.jpg
$uploadfromtaptalk1470135802501.jpg

Last edited:
I've never seen that handle before ... thanks for sharing!

Oh oh, that was tongue in cheek. It's actually a Chinese awl handle I got on eBAy. That Schick arrived NOS but with the handle completely broken off and missing. It came with a razor lot I bought, still had the copper dummy blade in it. The awl handle salvaged that Schick really nicely. Can't easily shave with a Schick Injector without a handle.

Oh oh, that was tongue in cheek. It's actually a Chinese awl handle I got on eBAy. That Schick arrived NOS but with the handle completely broken off and missing. It came with a razor lot I bought, still had the copper dummy blade in it. The awl handle salvaged that Schick really nicely. Can't easily shave with a Schick Injector without a handle.
That explains why I had never seen one ... [emoji38]

had me going too, as i have most of the early injectors(yep the A, B , C and E, and F, some G's and so on) and thought i knew them really well, till this one......what, what....i want one....oh he put it one...fully i was thinking to make some better handles for them, but the prices are still to high for ones to mess up doing so...maybe i will just go for it someday...JOMP...just one more project....

I still haven't tried an injector, but I have found a few on my wild hunts. The most recent was earlier today at a flea market a D type (I believe) this one really intrigues me. Well anyway here are a couple of pics.

Attachments

• $DSCF9153.jpg
    $DSCF9153.jpg
    44.7 KB · Views: 107
  • $DSCF9150.jpg
    $DSCF9150.jpg
    28.8 KB · Views: 107
  • $DSCF9151.jpg
    $DSCF9151.jpg
    36.3 KB · Views: 105
I still haven't tried an injector, but I have found a few on my wild hunts. The most recent was earlier today at a flea market a D type (I believe) this one really intrigues me. Well anyway here are a couple of pics.
How big is that inner handle compartment? Could you hide a smoke in there? Not that I'd smoke anything, just curious.

How big is that inner handle compartment? Could you hide a smoke in there? Not that I'd smoke anything, just curious.
You couldn't fit a full size cigarette in it, but maybe a non filter or a hand rolled one. It would probably get pretty wet though.:tongue_sm

I believe it opens for easier cleaning.

Last edited:

Type D

Schick Injector Razor
Magazine Repeating Razor Co.

Patents:1806087 and 1969945
The first Schick Injector Razor.

Used an external blade injector.

Head opened to clean the blade.

Case: was a maroon bakelite box
with a "wax seal" type logo on top.
Traditional Head.
Flat square spring,

moveable with handle.

Scissors type
split metal
gold plated
handle.

Bar Guard
with
irregular striations.

Type D​

Type D Schick Injector Razor Magazine Repeating Razor Co. 1935 Patents:1806087 and 1969945 The first Schick Injector Razor. Used an external blade injector. Head opened to clean the blade. Case: was a maroon bakelite box with a "wax seal" type logo on top. Traditional Head. Flat square spring, moveable with handle. Scissors type split metal gold plated handle. Bar Guard with irregular striations.

proxy.php

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
On vacation. Just "acquired " a Gem and two Schick's at antique stores here. Will post some pictures soon.
Question: what is a good, read: cheap, source for injector blades? Are they still being made? I can readily find S E blades for the Gem, but am a little puzzled about the injectors. PLEASE educate this noob, since all you wet shavers are at least partially to blame for my disorder...

I was all set to join in by breaking the Schick C2 out of hibernation with a fresh new Personna blade.
Then I found that the new blade is too thin to be held by the C2. After much fidlling about because the personna cartridge did not like the PAL adjustable, I got it loaded in the PAL.

Rewarded with a marvelous shave.

$image.jpeg

Hi Fellow Injector users, I finally got to use this particular razor since I posted the acquisition of the first of this month. The shave with the E8 was superb for me I loaded it with what is known to members here as a Chick blade and found that is shaved wonderfully. I'm looking forward to shaving with this razor the rest of the week so I can truly get a assessment of this beauty.

Smooth Shaving:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

Recently acquired what looks to be a type E, but i'm not sure. First shave with a personna injector blade went fine, nothing special. This may be because of bad technique, or because i have been spoiled by my DEs

Here's an E3 I found today that re-sparked my RAD for Injectors. I've been so rapped up in my DEs that I haven't even thought about them.

$2016-09-10 22.29.50.jpg

$2016-09-10 22.30.25.jpg

$2016-09-10 22.32.35.jpg

Here's a quick picture of the whole family. As I was laying them out, I noticed that I hadn't even cleaned half of them. :blushing:

$2016-09-10 23.36.02.jpg

In order starting top left to right
E3 in case
E3
G1
G1
G6
G8
I1 Black handle with chrome head
I2 Hydro-magic
J2 I think
L1