What's new

Safety Razor of the Month, August 2016 - Schick Injectors

Hi Gents,

I've noticed that some of our most experienced members love their Schick Injectors, personally I have no experience with these razors, and thought this would be a great opportunity for all of us to learn something, and who knows ... start a new AD, even thought I don't really need any new ADs right now ... :lol: But ...I'm always looking forward to learning something new, and the last time we had a Schick Injector thread was 5 years ago. Many of us, myself included, weren't here, so let's do it again ... Our Veteran B&Bers,especially the Schick Injectors fans, can share their knowledge, post photos of their collections, give us some advice as to which Injectors to try first, etc ...

Since I'm also wanting to learn and I have no experience with these razors whatsoever, I'm pulling this from out Wiki, I think this is quite interesting:

B&B ShaveWiki said:
Jacob Schick (aka Col. Schick) served in the US Army (1898-1910, 1916-1918) and actually achieved the rank of Lieutenant Colonel. It was in the Army that Schickwas exposed to the repeating rifle and its ability to load multiple cartridges via a magazine or a clip. After returning home, Schick, inspired by the repeating rifle, designed a razor with which the user would not have to touch the blades to change ("reload") them.

Col. Schick invented the repeating razor, which began manufacture by the Magazine Repeating Razor Company in 1926. In 1928, J. Schick sold his interest in the company and went on to design a (successful) dry shaver. In 1946, Eversharp bought the rights to the razor. Eversharp continued the injector line until it was bought by the Warner-Lambert Company in 1969. Injectors were strongly popular in JapanThis page intends to regroup all the Japanese pages except specificproducts, much more so than Gilletteproducts (after a Gillette blunder), from the 1960s onward, [1] topping even the Japanese company Feather, whose DE blades remain popular.

To get the ball rolling, here's a really cool Type A ad, also from our Wiki, thanks to @gearchow

wiki_asset.php

Have fun Gents, and thanks in advance for your contribution to this thread. :001_smile:thumbup:

Last edited:
Here are a few pictures of my Injector collection:

View attachment 677984$schick_injector_2.jpg$schick_injector_1.jpg$IMAG0330[1].jpg$IMAG0396[1].jpg

Pictured are my 2 E-types, 4 G-types, I1, J1, & N-type.

I have another J1 sitting in my mailbox for when I get home. I also have an L1 which is not pictured.

I love my Injectors. So far of the SEs that I have tried they are the best. All of the ones in my collection are great shavers.

Other threads and pages to checkout:
http://badgerandblade.com/vb/showthread.php/462061-Society-of-Injector-Shavers-(the-SISSIES)
http://badgerandblade.com/vb/showthread.php/323369-THE-Injector-Razor-Thread
http://www.safetyrazors.net/schick/schicktech.htm

Last edited:
My advice for people wanting to try Injectors for the first time would be to try one of the later models. My N-Type is mild and efficient. The older ones tend to be more aggressive.

G-types seem to be the most widely available model, based on what I see on The Bay.

Fellow Shavers, I'm in no way a experienced Injector razor user but I did acquire my first Schick Injector last week. I posted the razor in the acquisition thread which is a E3 and I have a G8 in route to my mailbox. I'm looking forward to try this form of SE since I first started on the SE road. It all started with a Alumnigoose and I quickly acquired a few GEM'S in which my Damaskeene is my favorite. I also have a few EVER READY'S the 24 being my favorite.

I'm looking forward to seeing the post from the experienced guys about these particular razors. I will shave with my E3 tomorrow to see how it drives.

Snapshot
View attachment 677995

Great info on the Colonel by the way

SMOOTH SHAVING

Edgar ya noob - starting this the month before SEptember or Schicktober?

:w00t:

Actually, it's nice to see these up again.

I just ordered some Personna injector blades from Connaughts. Interested to see how they fare. Also haven't used my Schick C2 in a while, so this gives me an excuse to get it out.
:thumbup1:

Edgar ya noob - starting this the month before SEptember or Schicktober?

:w00t:

Actually, it's nice to see these up again

[emoji38]

You're right, Tony ... sorry about that. Guess September would have been a better month. But I didn't want 3 DE threads in a row, 'cause I want y'all SE guys to know that I kinda like you guys, too ... [emoji38]

[emoji38]

You're right, Tony ... sorry about that. Guess September would have been a better month. But I didn't want 3 DE threads in a row, 'cause I want y'all SE guys to know that I kinda like you guys, too ... [emoji38]

Aw shucks.
I mean, Aw Schicks :)

[emoji38]

Don't forget about OCtober!

[emoji38]

You could always do Star/GEM/EverReady SEs for SEptember. Just sayin'.

You could always do Star/GEM/EverReady SEs for SEptember. Just sayin'.

Exactly! This is YOUR Forum/Category (Safety Razors actually is a Category), suggestions are always welcome! :001_smile

[MENTION=52454]Haggises[/MENTION]

I know, Tony. But I didn't start the OCtober threads. If @Shutterbug57 can't do it this year, wherever you guys want it is where it'll be.

Billski

Here I am, 1st again.
Fellow Shavers, I'm in no way a experienced Injector razor user but I did acquire my first Schick Injector last week. I posted the razor in the acquisition thread which is a E3 and I have a G8 in route to my mailbox. I'm looking forward to try this form of SE since I first started on the SE road. It all started with a Alumnigoose and I quickly acquired a few GEM'S in which my Damaskeene is my favorite. I also have a few EVER READY'S the 24 being my favorite.

I'm looking forward to seeing the post from the experienced guys about these particular razors. I will shave with my E3 tomorrow to see how it drives.

Snapshot
View attachment 677995

Great info on the Colonel by the way

SMOOTH SHAVING

Be glad that that you have an SE like this in such good shape. I have one that has the shakes. It should be tighter. Your razor is a beauty.

Top Bottom