What's new

Nib Acquisitions: August 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
Esterbrook J, antique store find.

proxy.php

A most excellent antique store haul. Congrats, Bob!
I came across a 1961 Sheaffer Imperial VIII TD set over the weekend. Both the pen and the mechanical pencil are in great shape. No dings, dents, rat bites... The sac is gone so it is headed off to Danny Fudge this week.

It retailed for $27.50 in 1961. The seller offered a 10% discount so it followed me home for $27.

View attachment 683155

A Gillette American Button Company razor set with a great case and handle from the same seller also followed me home for $18. I decided not to dicker and got out of Dodge with my finds.

View attachment 683154

The Gillette ABC set will be available for your generous bids in the St. Sue Auction.

Love that rootbeer Esterbrook plastic. Nice find!
Esterbrook J, antique store find.

nemo

Lunatic Fringe
Staff member
I hated the 1555 nib I had in my first Esterbrook. It almost turned me against the brand!

jar_

Too Fugly For Free.
Nakya Neo Standard Aka Tamenuri with a double broad nib stubbed by John Mottishaw. Arrived Tuesday.

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

jar_

Too Fugly For Free.
Here it is next to the Nakaya Portable Writer. Both are the Akatamenuri finish but the Portable has a medium cursive italic nib.

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

A host of antique store fountain pen finds ($5.00 to $10.00 each) and two brand new in box pens, both Yard-O-Led fountain pens (Corinthian in medium nib and Pocket Viceroy Victorian in Fine). :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom