What's new

Longer handle injector.

I have a 1953 Schick G8 and really like the way it shaves. I find the handle to be too short though. Can anyone suggest a longer handled injector that would give a similar shave. Maybe a Lady Schick? Thanks.

Kurt

You just answered your own question. the Lady Schicks have the longest handles of the injectors and next would be the later models like anything after the I models (like J - O). Check out BST, one member is selling a bunch of NOS Lady Schicks.

I have an L and an N. They both have longer handles than the Gs, with the N having the longer of the two handles.

I have a 1953 Schick G8 and really like the way it shaves. I find the handle to be too short though. Can anyone suggest a longer handled injector that would give a similar shave. Maybe a Lady Schick? Thanks.

Kurt

Too short? Do you use two hands? :w00t:

proxy.php

You must be used to these broomsticks.

proxy.php

Among the Schicks, longer handles started with the Type J and continued through the Type O. There are a few short-handled aberrations, though. There were a couple of Lady Eversharps (Ks with a truncated handle), and the Type H, which is shaped like a box. The Type D looks like it has a long handle, although it's handle is not much longer than the other early models.

Personally, I don't like the longer-handled razors as much as the shorter ones because they are not as maneuverable and the handle hits my collar bone on a N-S pass on the neck.

I have an L1 and I find the handle too long.. especially for shaving my dominant cheek..

Wanna trade?

Thanks for the offer YKMV, but I going to keep this one. I love the way it shaves and I may try some modifications down the raod if it really bothers me.

Thanks for the info. folks. I ordered a NOS Lady Schick from Nikos on the BST. I just need some more room to splay my fingers a bit. Sometimes my hand will cramp up. Don't know why, I don't have large hands. Just one of those things. Probably used to it from my Gillette Sensor. It's not a major problem, but it never hurts to try all my options. The G8 shaves like a dream. Plus I can never have too many razors. :lol:

Thanks for the offer YKMV, but I going to keep this one. I love the way it shaves and I may try some modifications down the raod if it really bothers me.

Yeppa, I unnerstand... :biggrin1: I'm going try making one into a foldable handle someday...

Enjoy!!!

Thanks for all the suggestion folks. For better or worse I'll probably end up owning one of each mentioned.:001_smile

Top Bottom