What's new

Cold brewed Tea

It heating up.So I'm looking into cold brewing tea..When I make its an 1g tea to 8floz of water..I add an 1tbsp for each 8floz of water..

Frist I nuke about 1/4 cup of h2o for about two minutes.Add the sugar to heated water will liquified the sugar..Then add to 2-3/4 cup in a mason jar, let cool for about an hour.Then add your tea, let set in cooler over night at least 12 hours..You could restleep the tea an other go..It wont be as strong as the frist batch..

Anyone else try cold brewing tea before..:001_cool:

Yep hear in the south we brew ice tea with hot water.Then add a lot of sugar add some water and you have ice tea..My method brews in cold water..It allows it to pick up more flavor then hot brewed tea..

$tea.jpg

Texas knows. :cowboy:

But for myself, I don't care for sweet tea. My brew method: Fill a 2 quart jar with 6 tea bags (Green, Black, or Jasmine) and put the jar on top of the BBQ grill before I head to work. By time I get home in the evening, that Texas sun has done the brewing for me. :thumbup1: Put it in the fridge overnight and enjoy it straight the next day.

View attachment 678605

But for myself, I don't care for sweet tea. My brew method: Fill a 2 quart jar with 6 tea bags (Green, Black, or Jasmine) and put the jar on top of the BBQ grill before I head to work. By time I get home in the evening, that Texas sun has done the brewing for me. :thumbup1: Put it in the fridge overnight and enjoy it straight the next day.

Your Nebraska neighbor does it the same way.

I've never done it that way, but I've made Sun tea many times. Just get a large jar, fill it with water and tea bags, then set it outside in the late morning/afternoon when it will get heated up by the sun a bit. Let it sit in the sun all day, or until its brewed to the way you like it.

The Count of Merkur Cristo

B&B's Emperor of Emojis
I've never done it that way, but I've made Sun tea many times. Just get a large jar, fill it with water and tea bags, then set it outside in the late morning/afternoon when it will get heated up by the sun a bit. Let it sit in the sun all day, or until its brewed to the way you like it.
Edcculus:
proxy.php
...then add sugar & ice cubes! :thumbsup:

[FONT=&amp] [/FONT]"Iced tea! Nothing is half so refreshing as a glass of tea piled high with ice! More than a quencher of thirst, it is a tamer of tempers, a lifter of lethargy, and a brightener of smiles...". Paul F. Kortepeter

View attachment 678605

I used to do this when I lived in Las Vegas. Was usually ready in an hour though. I don't miss that heat at all!

TexLaw

Fussy Evil Genius
I've made sun tea a good number of times. It's been a while, too, and I probably ought to fix that. While I grew up making it with tea bags, it also works quite well with loose leaf. Just pour it through a colander (or something finer, if you wish). Give it a shake or two during the day, if you're around and are moved to do so. It can make some fine iced tea.

I've always enjoyed iced tea, although I've never much cared for it sweet (or even sweetened). Fortunately, I grew up in area where sweet is not the only choice.

I might take a little lemon or mint, though. :thumbup1:

Isn't that how iced tea is normally made? Cold brewed?

Iced black tea is usually brewed hot and strong, then poured over ice to chill it. That's the way it tastes best. Also, it must be unsweetened and unflavored. No freakin' lemon! Something like Japanese barley "tea" (is not tea) is brewed cold in a pitcher in the fridge. As for all that herb- and fruit-flavored "tea," I want nothing to do with it and don't care how it's made.

Top Bottom