What's new

OLD type find while on vacation

So, while visiting the in-laws a week ago, I hit a flea-market nearby and grabbed 3 razors, 2 british techs (one flat-bottom) and this OLD set:

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

As you can see, it cleaned up real nice, although I haven't touched the blade bank yet.

No bent tooth, a very slight handle crack but not enough to warrant a repair.

The thing that bugs me is that I can't find an equivalent set on Achim's site.

It's very similar to this "brownie" set but it's gold and has no markings on the blade bank:
proxy.php

aAnd it's very similar to this set too but the blade bank is wrong:

proxy.php

Any idea how I could date this thing? Thanks!

I think it's this...

proxy.php

with a different blade bank.

Nice razor my friend! :thumbup:

At a glance, I thought the title was; "OLD type found at the Vatican."! :w00t:

Thank you gentlemen. I wasn't thrilled at first but when I realized that it was an open-comb and not a tech set, I didn't hesitate long... I'm really happy of how it cleaned-up with a good soak, scrubbing bubbles and a very light rub with Silvo.

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
Excellent. I'm on vacation next week in western Mi. Hope to hit some estate sales or antique shops. Who knows, you guys may be jealous of ME for a change!

ive got an old type wset with a bank like that,it was a give away set from an old hotel.ill post some pics later.the box is different though

Ithink the blade boxes wrer what ever they had on hand,or mabey yours has been change out.here are the pics of mine.Imagine a hotel with a restroom in every room,How modern:w00t:

$IMG_0453.jpg$IMG_0454.jpg$IMG_0456.jpg

Wow! Lovely catch. I'm a big fan of the Old Types, the shave is smooth, close and comfortable. Picked up another one yesterday during a lunch break!

$OldType.jpg$OldType1.jpg$OldType2.jpg

Top Bottom