What's new

Truefitt and Hill - Try it and You'll Never Go Back

Just picked up some Sandalwood at T&H in London while on a business trip. Have used it twice and really liked it. I was able to experience all the different cologne scents, which was very helpful. I'll be back there next month and plan to stop and buy more - just need to decide which one to go with next. Also thinking about getting a shave while I am there - there was a gentleman in the shop getting a shave and it looked like a great experience (likely expensive as hell, but you only live once).

I ordered a tub of 1805 cream last week and learned a big lesson after my first shave, which is that I need to use a lot more product with T&H than I do with the ToBS that I have been using for years. My first shave was very underwhelming and the slickness was terrible. I thought maybe I had wasted $29.95, but I then experimented a couple of times with lathering up in my bowl, and learned that I was simply not using enough. Go figure.

Now that I have figured that part out, I really love it and now see what all of the hype was about. I also love the scent, which is hard to describe but very nice & matches well with a range of AS's.

for me T & H is the best cream.

I alternate their UC, Grafton, Lime and Sandalwood. I also use their pre-shave oil and love it. Im not finding the same results as others here when it comes to lathering. I put a small amount in my bowl and get a ridiculous amount of lather. I find it to be pretty good value and I get great shaves every time. I can't say that with my other soaps and creams.

for me T & H is the best cream.

I alternate their UC, Grafton, Lime and Sandalwood. I also use their pre-shave oil and love it. Im not finding the same results as others here when it comes to lathering. I put a small amount in my bowl and get a ridiculous amount of lather. I find it to be pretty good value and I get great shaves every time. I can't say that with my other soaps and creams.

You probably have softer water ;)

Just traveled for a week with 1805. It is nice that T&H makes travel-sized tubes. It is a very good cream and one of the few that make smaller sized tubes.

Had my first T&H shave today with the 1805 I ordered. It was like the heavens opening up when I lathered. Fantastic shave. Can't wait to go through my sample pack!!

I finally received my samples of West Indian Limes cream and balm yesterday. Long story, but per my request, T&H DC was able to send me samples of the West Indian Limes cream and balm. I wasn't interested in purchasing the entire sample pack. I'll report back after my first T&H shave, which should be later today. Can't wait :)

T&H UC for me is their best cream. The rest of their range is very good though, you can't wrong.

Sent from Mars

I just used it the West Indian Limes cream and balm. Great, smooth shave. The scent kind of reminds me of a house cleaner if you know what I mean. Can't really put my finger on it, but it's quite strong. What in the T&H range has a fresh barbershop scent? I am a longer time user of Proraso green shave products. I really like the eucalyptus and menthol ingredients which provide a nice, fresh barbershop scent and great shave.

Just finished a tub of 1805 that I've been using 2-3 times per week through the spring and summer. Probably the best cream I've tried so far.

One of my favorite, if not my favorite, English creams. Love 1805 and Grafton, I just wish the aftershaves were in my budget.

My nose tells me that it's extremely fresh, bright, and cologney. I use it on special occasions or when the wife and I go
out(which is a special and rare occasion unto itself!).

Ok, cool! Similar to a fresh, powdery barbershop scent like Proraso green, plus the cologney scent? I'm looking for something in the T&H range that is similar to Proraso green. TIA!

Im afraid not. Proraso is a fairly simple scent, albeit nice and refreshing. I even peg Proraso green as a bit medicinal. I still like it though. 1805 has many more facets to it. It's literally just like a nice department store cologne. Their both nice in their own right. They share hardly any similarity though.

Ah, ok! Is there something in the T&H range that is similar to Proraso?

Top Bottom