What's new

Truefitt and Hill - Try it and You'll Never Go Back

They are without doubt great creams. I have finished tubs of Grafton and the ultimate comfort with 1805 and West Indian limes saved for later. They are very expensive for me though and won't be replaced once exhausted.

@walds11 one of the best lime scents in a shaving cream that I've used. Not sweet, but sharp and crisp like freshly squeezed lime. Definitely worth trying. :)

Last edited:
They are without doubt great creams. I have finished tubs of Grafton and the ultimate comfort with 1805 and West Indian limes saved for later. They are very expensive for me though and won't be replaced once exhausted.

@walds11 one of the best lime scents in a shaving cream that I've used. Not sweet, but sharp and crisp like freshly squeezed lime. Definitely worth trying. :)

Thanks for the feedback. I am definitely going to give the cream a try. What about the splash and balm? They even offer a cologne.

So, is T&H twice as good as TOBS? TOBS Sandalwood is just under $17 while T&H 1805 is just under $30.
I participated in a shave off between TOBS and T&H sandalwood creams. The review thread is out there somewhere. I think the consensus was that T&H was superior. Whether it justifies the price difference is really a YMMV scenario.

I participated in a shave off between TOBS and T&H sandalwood creams. The review thread is out there somewhere. I think the consensus was that T&H was superior. Whether it justifies the price difference is really a YMMV scenario.

T&H tubs are also almost 25% bigger than TOBS, so the price difference isn't quite as much as it may seem.

Can anyone provide detailed feedback on the West Indian Limes range? Just the thought of the West Indian Limes fragrance turns me on :)

I've only tried samples of the West Indian Limes cream and ASB. The cream's performance is superb, just like all the T&H creams, but the scent didn't really work for me. I find the scent of Castle Forbes Lime far superior. The West Indian Lime ASB, on the other hand, is top notch for both scent and performance.

I've only tried samples of the West Indian Limes cream and ASB. The cream's performance is superb, just like all the T&H creams, but the scent didn't really work for me. I find the scent of Castle Forbes Lime far superior. The West Indian Lime ASB, on the other hand, is top notch for both scent and performance.

What was is about the scent of the cream that didn't work for you?

I am going to try samples before ordering full sizes of stuff. I am more interested in the cream, but also want to try the splash and balm.

What was is about the scent of the cream that didn't work for you?

I am going to try samples before ordering full sizes of stuff. I am more interested in the cream, but also want to try the splash and balm.

To my nose, the scent of the cream was rather bitter -- I've described it before here as giving me the impression of limes that had been sitting on the shelf for way too long. Not nearly as fresh as the scent of the Castle Forbes Lime. It was just a sample, though, and might have been from an older batch.

Shaved today! To my nose, T&H limes is sweet, lime sherbet, with a sour over note. Love it.
great shave performance and skin feel. Scent lasts three hours or so.

$image.jpeg

Another example of YMMV. I love the West Indian Limes scent, and I think Castle Forbes smells like lime over shoe polish. The West Indian Limes scent is much more pleasant to me than is Castle Forbes Lime.

To each his own, as they say.

Another example of YMMV. I love the West Indian Limes scent, and I think Castle Forbes smells like lime over shoe polish. The West Indian Limes scent is much more pleasant to me than is Castle Forbes Lime.

To each his own, as they say.

I'll have to give it another try. I love everything else I've tried from T&H, so maybe I did get a sample from an old batch. I detect very little difference in scent between my tub of 1805 and the ASB, but the two weren't even close with my samples of the West Indian Limes cream and ASB.

I'll have to give it another try. I love everything else I've tried from T&H, so maybe I did get a sample from an old batch. I detect very little difference in scent between my tub of 1805 and the ASB, but the two weren't even close with my samples of the West Indian Limes cream and ASB.

Don't feel alone. I have the exact same opinion as you. I prefer CF lime by a large margin over T&H, but thought the T&H lime ASB was great.

truefit and hill is my number one cream now. Purchased a load of samples and i am blown away :w00t:

My skin feels so moisturized after shaving. Love the smell of the pre shave oil as well.

T&H is outstanding across the product line. Don't overlook the 'sleeper' in the stable No.10 which is more affordable yet does not compromise on quality. I love Grafton and Trafalgar but 1805 is not far behind as is Ultimate Comfort. The Balms are amongst the best you will ever try. I am only marginally less enthusiastic about West Indian Limes which is a fragrance (along with other lime derivatives) that I somehow am tiring of.

I use a tube of Trafalgar to produce super lathers and it is just perfect when pairing with soap. Never been let down with any T&H product and some of their older brushes made alongside Rooney are magnificent.

Used my T&H No. 10 tonight with this thread in mind. Just a great cream. Does everything I want. The scent is a little more subtle than other T&H scents. Very forgiving when adding water also. Definitely worth picking up a tub.

Very glad to read this thread.
I have used TOBS, Proraso, and DR HARRIS before.
TOBS is excellent but it irritates me.
Proraso does not serve me well.
DR HARRIS is my favorite cream up to now.
I have never tried T&H cream before,
please give me some opinions about my first one T&H.
I like subtle scent much more than strong one.
Thank you all.

Top Bottom