What's new

Batch - sample roaster

I'm always digging around looking at coffee stuff and came across this sweet little sample roaster.

looks like a Probat knock of but a sweet one. only a 120 gram capacity (1/4 lb)

proxy.php

I did not look at it that closely as it was a "true" batch/sample roaster havng a capacity of only 120 gramms (1/4 lb).

It is on craigslist somewhere (I use search tempest to search all craigslist sites around the US at one time). I think it was $170 or so (under $200) If I remember correctly. Good deal for someone who has a production roaster and wants to control their quality a little more. Since I already have a commercial 1 lb batch/sample roaster, this one was not of much interest outside of grabbing the link to the image and posting it on here as a "topic of conversation". It was interesting as it was a single drum sample roaster. Most I have seen are a 3 to 10 drum line of roasters.

https://www.google.com/search?q=sam...qJvOAhXDMSYKHSeFD7UQ_AUICigD&biw=1172&bih=642

I was looking for a 5-10 lb commercial roaster so this was just an interesting "blip" in my search results.

If you are interested I can go back and search the "magic words" that found it but understand at 1/4 lb you might be disappointed if you wanted to use it to actually roast coffee.

Commercial sample roasters like that one are open front so not good for production or back to back roasting. They are not "simple or easy" to use as the entire drum has to be raised from the rear to get the roasted beans out to cool. They are a pretty specialized piece of equipment

proxy.php

Okay I had misunderstood your opening post, I thought another roaster had managed to follow you home. :)

More interesting information about commercial batch roasters, I have not seen such an array/grouping of roasters before.

Okay I had misunderstood your opening post, I thought another roaster had managed to follow you home. :)

More interesting information about commercial batch roasters, I have not seen such an array/grouping of roasters before.

Your PM box is full (FYI)

If I were roasting commercially in large batches it would be a good deal.....

Would need one of these to go along with it though :a47:

proxy.php

proxy.php

Last edited:
Top Bottom