What's new

Gillette Silver Blue VS Voskhod VS ASTRA SP ?

The best blade of the three?

• Gillette Silver Blue

• Voskhod

• ASTRA SP

Results are only viewable after voting.
1. which blade work best for you ??? Gillette Silver Blue \ Voskhod \ ASTRA SP
2. Which more sharp blade ??? Gillette Silver Blue \ Voskhod \ ASTRA SP

Gillette Silver Blue
proxy.php

Voskhod
proxy.php

ASTRA SP
proxy.php

Last edited:
Voskhod is the only one of their brand on my bad list. Rapira stainless, stainless chrome, and platinum lux are on my excellent list. Ladas and rapira swedish are ok/usable. Gillette silver blue is better than astra greens, but the astra blues are just as good as astra greens.

I love all three. I think GSB and Astra tie for sharpness, with Voskhod slightly behind. GSB and Voskhod tie for smoothness, with Astra slightly behind. For me, GSB has had the best longevity of the three. So I rank them:

1) GSB
2) Astra
3) Voskhod

This is a one horse race for me because I haven't used Gillette Silver Blue.

Astra are very sharp and smooth, good for 3 shaves per blade. Unfortunately there seem to be one or two duds in 100 sometimes.

Voskhod are nice and smooth and sharp enough for 3 good shaves per blade. They are also typical of blades from the Rapira factory - love them ot loathe them, they are very consistent in quality.

I'm voting Voskhod on reliability

Big GSB fan.

I have tried all three at least once. I rank them
GSB
Astra SP ( very close)
Voskhod/Rapira's - don't recall which I liked better, but neither was even close to the other two for me.

I love all three. I think GSB and Astra tie for sharpness, with Voskhod slightly behind. GSB and Voskhod tie for smoothness, with Astra slightly behind.

I basically feel the same. GSB for smoothness; GSB/Astra SP for sharpness. Voskhod least sharp of the three, but a very smooth blade.

I personally prefer sharpness over completely smooth for my medium coarse beard, so I tend to gravitate toward either Astra sp or GSB over voskhod. Ymmv.

Last edited:
GSB or Voskhod, I'm happy with either one. GSB is sharper imo but Voskhod is smoother and plenty sharp for my beard, so I prefer it. It's also a bit cheaper than GSB. I get good shaves with Astra, but they're not quite in the same league to me, kind of a gatekeeper. If a blade is better than Astra, then it's among the best. When I think of Astra, I think of "I could've been a contender!" Close, but just not quite good enough.

Haven't tried Voskhod, but I like GSBs. Silver Blues and Astra are equal in sharpness. But Astra SP's are sometimes inconsistent.

I don't like the GSBs that I have tried, *at all* - they feel very rough and uneven in my 40s SS. Maybe it's sharp, but not smooth (to me). The Astra is definitely sharper than the Voskhod, and both are smooth. Astra > Voskhod > GSB, for me, in a 40s SS

I gave 1st spot to GSB - smooth as you please and sharp enough to handle most beards
Voskhod I have second from this list as they are smoother than Astras in my experience in most razors.

I went GSB. The Voskhod was doing well until ATG as many blades tend to want to skip or "chatter" in certain spots making me take short quick strokes that irritate a little. Wondering if a SE or slant would be better for me with the extra blade rigidity. Still need to get my straight out until I get the technique down on that as well.

My vote is 1) GSB 2) Voskhod 3) Astra SP all pretty close.

Top Bottom