What's new

It finally arrived & first shave

Hi Guys

So after a long wait for my new EJ DE89 knurled handle to arrive from EJ in the UK it finally arrived yesterday.

I excitedly opened the box and pulled out my new razor and my first impression (being my first DE) was wow! This thing is definitely beautiful. The workmanship and finish are definitely something to behold and the one surprising thing for me was the weight. Having come from carts and disposables the DE89 feels really heavy.

I couldn't wait to get home to have my first DE shave but had a client dinner and only got home eventually around 11:30pm and I was tempted to just have a shave with the usual disposables and head to bed.

I decided to brave it and so loaded up my razor with a Derby blade (decided to start with these), wet my brush and lathered up my face with Crabtree sandalwood shave shop. I then proceeded very slowly as I was terrified of chopping up my face.

Surprisingly I did very well for my first shave with a relatively close shave and only a couple of weepers. I rinsed my face, took care of the weepers with a Styptic pencil and congratulated myself on a successful first go.

Congratulations! That is a good razor you've chosen. I have a Muhle r89- same head as yours. It will get better with every shave.

Also, if you haven't been to Sharp Edge Sharp Shooter in Sandton, you should check it out. Even if you buy online, it's nice to see everything in person.

Congratulations! That is a good razor you've chosen. I have a Muhle r89- same head as yours. It will get better with every shave.

Also, if you haven't been to Sharp Edge Sharp Shooter in Sandton, you should check it out. Even if you buy online, it's nice to see everything in person.

Thanks Murray! I will defiantly check them out next time I'm in Sandton.

Also in case you are interested, TakeAlot have Bloc Osma Alum bars. Not cheap but very cool to see them available locally

Welcome to B&B, and congrats on the first shave! My first DE shave, too, went well. However, the following shaves weren't as great, due to my thick headedness of pursuing the BBS. Best of luck to you, OP, in your wet shaving adventure!😄

Congratulations on your 1st shave. It went a lot better than mine.....I used Aveeno shave foam from a can (didn't have proper soap yet), Brand new Merkur 34c, and a Merkur blade. Ouch! Good thing I didn't use aftershave, lol.

It just gets better from here. Enjoy the journey

Top Bottom