What's new

razorock new slant

Just visited Italian Barber web site and found that the Razorock 37c clone just went up for sale. Looks exactly like a 37c head but in a three piece design all for $20. Was thinking about getting one but already have a 39c and got the Wunderbar and X3 in the past month so I am all slanted out right now. Besides, I am waiting for the Hawk to arrive.

Feel the same way. I have the 37c and it's gathering dust here. Wunderbar is very harsh in my experience.

I'm also waiting for the Hawk instead.

I was on the notification list, but going to let it pass as well. I'm in the same boat as you fellows. 3 slants in rotation - 39C, SR-71, Ikon B1. If anything, I'm going to hold out for the Wunderbar. But I do have to consider, do I really want/need another slant when the three I already have work so well? Kind of on the fence with that. :001_rolle

I was on the notification list, but going to let it pass as well. I'm in the same boat as you fellows. 3 slants in rotation - 39C, SR-71, Ikon B1. If anything, I'm going to hold out for the Wunderbar. But I do have to consider, do I really want/need another slant when the three I already have work so well? Kind of on the fence with that. :001_rolle

I started out with a 39c, Ikon B1, and Fine Superlite in my slant rotation and got rid of the Ikon early on because it did not give me a closer shave than the 39c. I got rid of the Fine after getting the Wunderbar because it gave a similar shave but with more weight and better quality (yeah, for $100 more, it should). Recently got the X3 and liked it a lot more than the previous Ikon and so now I am back to a 3 slant rotation and did not see the new Razorock slant to shave any differently from my 39c even at $20.

I started out with a 39c, Ikon B1, and Fine Superlite in my slant rotation and got rid of the Ikon early on because it did not give me a closer shave than the 39c. I got rid of the Fine after getting the Wunderbar because it gave a similar shave but with more weight and better quality (yeah, for $100 more, it should). Recently got the X3 and liked it a lot more than the previous Ikon and so now I am back to a 3 slant rotation and did not see the new Razorock slant to shave any differently from my 39c even at $20.

Gotcha. :thumbup1: Probably best I stay with my current trifecta that I'm very pleased with.

I just grabbed one before they sell out. It will be my first slant so hopefully works out well. I'll update with remarks once it comes in!

I bought one, too - again, it will be my first slant. (I'm more of an open comb guy.)

From what I can recall, the teaser pics showed it on a barber pole handle but the product shots currently on the IB website show it on a bulldog. It's worth it for the handle alone. . .

Also, I'm yet to receive email notification.

BTW it is listed in New Arrivals, it's just a few pages down from when it was previewed. They didn't BUMP it.

I haven't received a notification either. I imagine they send them out in the order of sign-up to give those who signed up first a better chance of picking one up.

Is that the way it works?

That is a courtesy thing mostly for folks that got better things to do in life (unlike me). If you went on their web site and they have it in stock, they will not stop you from getting one if you didn't get an email notice.

I recently received my email so obviously I was further down the list because of when I signed up. But they are still in stock so either they have a bunch or not a super demand for this one. My order has already shipped so Joe is hard at work with the orders, which is awesome.

Did anyone who signed up for email notification for this razor receive an email that it was available? I didn't.

I didn't. My buddy told me they were up there though and I grabbed one. I've never tried a slant and $20 seems like a cheap way to get my feet wet.

Top Bottom