What's new

New WSP Earl Silver tip

WSP Earl 24 x 49mm High Density Silvertip knot. Handle measures 49 mm tall by 39 mm with a 30 mm waist.
"Very heavy" love the feel on my face lathers very well. Happy with my purchase.

$20160728_162755.png

$20160728_162905.png

View attachment 676952

View attachment 676954

$20160728_171617.jpg

That's the brush on my avatar picture. I really like mine. I had to send mine back to WSP initially since it was losing hairs, but the re-knot's been working just great.

Yes, it is a lather machine no doubt. In fact, I'll go out on a limb and say WSP's badger hair is kicking Simpson's butt.

I have one in High Mountain White but it sheds between 5-10 hairs every time I shave with it so I just don't use it.

That's the brush on my avatar picture. I really like mine. I had to send mine back to WSP initially since it was losing hairs, but the re-knot's been working just great.

Yes, it is a lather machine no doubt. In fact, I'll go out on a limb and say WSP's badger hair is kicking Simpson's butt.

I'm watching the hair loss 3 lathers only about four hairs so far. Man this thing lathers and just feels wonderful. It really is densely packed really have to ring / shake it out after I get it wet. If it works out I'm done looking for a brush. Can't imagine anything being that much better what ever the price IMO.

WSP brushes are lather machines. I have a Monarch Silver tip and it's equally great at bowl lathering and face lathering. The results for the price equal great value for sure.

I have one in High Mountain White but it sheds between 5-10 hairs every time I shave with it so I just don't use it.
I had the exact same problem with my High Mountain White. I contacted Lee at Wet Shaving Products about this and he was good about getting it re-knotted for me free of charge. Ever since then, it's been my favorite brush, besting a Simpson Duke I own.

Follow up, may not work for others but it's perfect for me. Decent backbone for a silvertip and the feel on my face..... luxury. For the price ( makes it even better ) totally satisfied. Two more lathers and no hair loss at all.

Look at those lather peaks ummmmmmmmm.

$20160728_171617.jpg

Last edited:
I had the exact same problem with my High Mountain White. I contacted Lee at Wet Shaving Products about this and he was good about getting it re-knotted for me free of charge. Ever since then, it's been my favorite brush, besting a Simpson Duke I own.
They only offered me part of the price of a new knot ($75 of a $90 knot), I would have to reknot it myself. I just won't do business with them again in the future. I also have the Monarch in HMW and haven't had any problems with this brush.

They only offered me part of the price of a new knot ($75 of a $90 knot), I would have to reknot it myself. I just won't do business with them again in the future. I also have the Monarch in HMW and haven't had any problems with this brush.

That's a bummer I'm keeping my fingers crossed that hair doesn't start falling out like it did on my head.

That is a bummer to hear, indeed. This is part of why I'm torn on WSP, actually; their soaps are a bit too small and don't have any loading room, and the two bottles of pre-shave oil I got from him had a black strip of heatshrink around the neck of the bottle that left a sticky black residue that I would get on my fingers then on my face while applying. I finally had to carefully clean the neck, threads, and inside of the cap with a Q-tip and rubbing alcohol to get rid of it.

That is a bummer to hear, indeed. This is part of why I'm torn on WSP, actually; their soaps are a bit too small and don't have any loading room, and the two bottles of pre-shave oil I got from him had a black strip of heatshrink around the neck of the bottle that left a sticky black residue that I would get on my fingers then on my face while applying. I finally had to carefully clean the neck, threads, and inside of the cap with a Q-tip and rubbing alcohol to get rid of it.
Update: was unsure how to remove the knot from my brush I actually called WSP, Lee himself answered the call. Needless to say he sent me a new brush I have only lathered it once so far and only lost about four hairs. I know this is an old thread but wanted to post anyway.

Update: was unsure how to remove the knot from my brush I actually called WSP, Lee himself answered the call. Needless to say he sent me a new brush I have only lathered it once so far and only lost about four hairs. I know this is an old thread but wanted to post anyway.
Glad to hear they took care of you. Good on them!

Top Bottom