What's new

Supermax Blue Diamond - WOW

proxy.php

WOW - as in, wow I didn't know any blade could be this terrible!

I unwrapped the blade for the first time and loaded it into my trusty Pre-War Tech, then let it sit in hot water while I slathered on one of my favorite Stirling soaps (Pharaoh's Dreamsicle) with my Stirling Kong Synthetic. I was anxious to try this blade as the packaging looks so cool, and it's from India; haven't tried a blade from India yet.

I went to take the first stroke and...ow ow. I remember that feeling. How do I remember it though? Took another stroke... OW! Pulling and tugging! Just like with my old (dull) cartridges! I immediately removed the blade and replaced it with a Gillette Yellow. Ahhhhhhhh. Now THAT's a shave. (YMMV)

Does that mean I have thick stubble? I always just assumed it was about average, but if this blade doesn't even cut without tugging on a brand new edge, it makes me wonder.

My beard is medium to heavy,the Blue Diamonds are very smooth in my fat handled Tech,and good for at least 4 smooth shaves.

I have a medium to heavy beard, the Blue Diamonds are very smooth and efficient in my Gillette NEW. I have not used Gillette Yellow but they are smoother than Gillette Green for me. I guess blades are subjective.

I was gifted a Blue Diamond by a Turkish eBay seller when I bought some other blades from him.
It was ok for 3 shaves, but nothing special and for the same price I could take my pick of several better blades.
Blue Diamond is the only Super-Max blade I can tolerate, but I'd never buy them.

The only Indian blades in my rotation are............

Centwin Super Platinum - the best of the "regular" blades, smooth and sharp, a good "workhorse", good for 3 shaves per blade, sold in convenient tucks of 50, when they're gone, I'll probably order more
proxy.php

Some others that are ok, but I don't like any of them enough to restock them when they're used up...............

Vijay Stainless - similar in performance to Centwin, 3 good shaves per blade
Topaz Platinum - not a bad shave, fairly smooth, 3 good shaves per blade
Kleen Shave Stainless - a good no frills blade, gets the job done, 3 shaves per blade, but not very readily available, so when they're gone, they're gone
Gillette 7 O'Clock Black - 4 good shaves per blade, a bit on the aggressive side. I got 2 tucks with a Gillette Sterling razor, I tried 1 tuck and sold the razor with the other tuck and some 7 O'Clock Green blades. IMHO Gillette 7 O'Clock Black blades cost more than they're worth, so I'll never buy any for myself

I've saved the best 'til last.............

Gillette 7 O'Clock Green - By far the best Indian blade I've tried, and the only Indian blade I'll definitely buy again and again. Very smooth and comfortable, sharp enough for 4 good shaves per blade.
proxy.php

Last edited:
I was gifted a Blue Diamond by a Turkish eBay seller when I bought some other blades from him.
It was ok for 3 shaves, but nothing special and for the same price I could take my pick of several better blades.
Blue Diamond is the only Super-Max blade I can tolerate, but I'd never buy them.

The only Indian blades in my rotation are............

Centwin Super Platinum - the best of the "regular" blades, smooth and sharp, a good "workhorse", good for 3 shaves per blade, sold in convenient tucks of 50, when they're gone, I'll probably order more
proxy.php

Some others that are ok, but I don't like any of them enough to restock them when they're used up...............

Vijay Stainless - similar in performance to Centwin, 3 good shaves per blade
Topaz Platinum - not a bad shave, fairly smooth, 3 good shaves per blade
Kleen Shave Stainless - a good no frills blade, gets the job done, 3 shaves per blade, but not very readily available, so when they're gone, they're gone
Gillette 7 O'Clock Black - 4 good shaves per blade, a bit on the aggressive side. I got 2 tucks with a Gillette Sterling razor, I tried 1 tuck and sold the razor with the other tuck and some 7 O'Clock Green blades. IMHO Gillette 7 O'Clock Black blades cost more than they're worth, so I'll never buy any for myself

I've saved the best 'til last.............

Gillette 7 O'Clock Green - By far the best Indian blade I've tried, and the only Indian blade I'll definitely buy again and again. Very smooth and comfortable, sharp enough for 4 good shaves per blade.
proxy.php

Always enjoy reading your blade reviews Adam, thank you.

Well there are two types of supermax blue diamond blades.
These are ok blades(not the best though)
but the other blades called Blue diamond titanium blades are much worse!

Top Bottom