What's new

Straight razor shaving on the move!

Hello members. I'm away from home a couplea days every other week and have found streamlining my setup a must. Please leave posts with info & pics of your travel gear and why you've chosen your current travel setups. Also list alternate gear to switch things up if you'd like. Thanks lightfoot out.

The shavette is a great option. Post pics if you'd like
Aslo this thread will be a chance to post pics of nice little touch up hones as well thanks.

I got a synthetic badger because they dry more easily and a stainless steel straight to avoid rust caused by the remaining humidity.

In my kit youll find 3 straights (Bengall, Kama, LeGrelot) and my OneBlade just in case i sleep in. I usually have a full tub of my choice soap/cream for the week along with preshave oil, aftershave and a travel badger brush. I travel 3 to 4 weeks a month, every month so why not take things along i like ....
Nowvi dont bring my customs or soecial razors only because of wear. Also when i feel like it ill bring a strop but i find for the most part newspaper works almost as good for the week.

Legion

Staff member
I usually us a shorty razor

proxy.php

A kangaroo leather strop that rolls up into a case

proxy.php

a wee scott brush in a pill bottle and a shave stick. All fits into my Dopp kit with my other toiletries.

I don't skimp on my travel shaves. I usually bring a regular razor or two, a full-size strop in a travel case, a boar brush in a travel case, soap/cream, ASB, and a cologne sample or three.

Steve56

Ask me about shaving naked!
I usually don't scrimp either, but don't carry excess weight on flights if possible. My gear varies depending if I am going away for a couple of days or a couple of weeks.

So....

Back row is a Tulip 1 in a pill bottle with ventilation holes. The Tulip 1 works well with both hard soaps and creams. A Simpson's Major will do well too, but the Tulip is larger and the pill bottle is not much larger than the Major.

One straight per week, I can get a week out of a straight with stropping only. Sometimes a spare, straights are light.

On the right, Myrsol AB in the 50 ml plastic bottle, a piece of a Chargrin Valley shampoo bar for the hair. On the left, a small razor hone if I want to carry it, and a piece of cord that serves as a clothesline and to secure the strop to a shower rod or towel rack.

I carry a full size strop in a travel case if I am using luggage large enough to carry it flat. If not, I am not going to be gone for more than a few days and may well just palm strop or carry a small piece of generic leather.

I don't carry all those soaps, but some selection of the 4 in the middle are the usual suspects: 90 gram tin of LpL Rose de Pushkar, 90 gram tin with Czech and Speake 88 or O&C, a La Toja stick, and actually MdC fougere in the D.R. Harris tube. The MdC usually goes because a coconut oil soap will lather in any water. If I want some variety, it's usually a few grams of Castle Forbes, or other cream in the sample size containers or actual samples.

There's also a small piece of styptic which I've never had to use. I used to carry an alum bar for both styptic and deodorant, but it's quite heavy for a piece that's large enough to comfortably do both.

Cheers, Steve

Attachments

• $IMG_2996.jpg
    $IMG_2996.jpg
    155.1 KB · Views: 41
You know I don't have anything against going the DE route but I always get more Knicks with one for some reason.

Top Bottom