What's new

A Badger Blend? Maybe if Dr. Frankenstein made it!

This morning I was trying to decide what Aftershave to use with my PannaCrema Labdano Shaving Soap. I have been wanting to take a bunch of samples that I have just tiny bits of...not really enough for a full dousing that I like...but I don't want to get rid of it either. So this morning was the morning that I decided to pull out an empty bottle I had laying around and empty all of the samples into it. I'm not sure I remember everything that I have in it, but some of the things that are in it are:

Lucky Tiger Aspen
Captain's Choice: Sandalwood, Bay Rum, Cat of Nine Tails, Lime (I didn't put North in it because I still have a sizable amount)
Bootlegger's: A little bit of all of them
P&G Old Spice (Wasn't a sample but I only had a smidgen left)

I think there were some other samples but I can't recall at this time. I threw in a couple small squirts of vegetable glycerin and a couple of crystals of menthol. I shook it up and let it sit while I took a shower and shaved. This is what I got (minus the liberal splashing I put on this morning):

$Frankenstein Badger Blend.jpg

To be honest...I think it smells a bit like Pacific Rush. The Old Spice comes out a bit more than the other things but it's not all Old Spice...it's way more complex than that. The Bay Rum is there but it is very subtle. If I get any citrus (and I am not sure I do) it is off in the distance and maybe only noticeable subconsciously. There is a tremendous face freeze with this and is probably attributed to the fact that I have about an ounce and a half maybe two ounces of AS here and I put one large crystal and one small crystal of menthol in this concoction. The face freeze is strong but not the worse I have felt. There is a moisturizing quality to it and is probably because of the glycerin.

At any rate...I actually like this Monster of Dr. Frankenstein I have created. The only bad thing is...I don't know if I will ever be able to recreate this.

Top Bottom