What's new

PIF with a baseball theme

I am prepared to give away an almost-full bottle of Stetson Cooling Moisture after shave. Now, I could do a straight PIF, but I like to make things interesting. Since it's summertime, let's talk baseball.

In my home state of Texas, the Texas Rangers and the Houston Astros will be meeting for three games in early August (5, 6, and 7). If you want to take a shot at winning this PIF, simply predict the winner of the three-game series. I will pick a name at random from among those who call it accurately.

If you predict accurately, not only the winner of the series, but the number of games, then I will enter your name twice. For instance, if you predict that the Astros will win two games and they do, then your name will be entered twice. If you predict that they will win two games and they take all three, you will still get one entry for picking the winner.

CONUS only. All entries must be in by 1:00 pm CDT on August 5. (That's six hours before the start of the first game.) The winner will be chosen and announced after the last game.

As always, if you win, try it, and decide you don't want to keep it, then please pay it forward. And by golly, I'd better hear from my fellow Texans!

I'm looking forward to this. Play ball!

Awesome pif, but not in. I already have four bottles of this wonderful aftershave. The winner is certain to like it.

I'm in.
Rangers 2-1,

Granted I am a die-hard Cleveland Indians fan, but I follow the Rangers when i can. Cleveland is my wife's home area: I was stationed there when we met.

Thanks for all the entries and keep them coming! You have until 1:00 pm CDT on Friday, August 5, to get your entry in.

Ok well after today's trades the Texas Rangers would Sweep but right now Perez needs more run support and needs to be better on the road and Harrell will be making his first start against the Astros on day 2. In which I am sure he wants to prove them wrong for not keeping him. I am not sure who will start game 3 so I predict the Rangers win the series 2-1. I can go on forever of how Beltran will help Texas and boost their offensive numbers but if Josh Hamilton comes back healthy and in some sort of form that he was prior to leaving to go to LA the Rangers are going to be a beast heading to the postseason. I didn't even get started with Cole Hammels. Possibly if healthy they have the best lineup in baseball right now.

Go Yankees.

Top Bottom