What's new

Derby Lemon stings my face

Anyone else have that experience? Are all the Derby creams like that or only the Lemon? I was really hoping to find an inexpensive alternative to AOS Lemon. Anyone that wants to try this I can PIF to someone who lives in US or Canada. Aside from the stinging it's a very good cream.

It didn't sting me, but made me a little red. The shave isn't bad, but certainly not good enough for a regular buy, to me. I really loved the scent though, too bad it didn't work out.

I've tried Derby razor blades and the shaving soap that comes in a teal bowl. Neither of them produced favorable results, the blades were dull and the soap caused irritation. Lathered fine but does not mix with my body chemistry. If you want inexpensive, arko shaving stick is the way to go. Compares to other expensive ones but it's like $1.50 a piece, less if you buy a case of 12.

Did this just turn into a PIF thread? I'm in!
Just kidding- I'm out. I haven't found any Derby products I am fond of. Are there really that few lemon creams out there?

I've tried Derby razor blades and the shaving soap that comes in a teal bowl. Neither of them produced favorable results, the blades were dull and the soap caused irritation. Lathered fine but does not mix with my body chemistry. If you want inexpensive, arko shaving stick is the way to go. Compares to other expensive ones but it's like $1.50 a piece, less if you buy a case of 12.

I think Derby blades are average. I like Arko, but it doesn't really smell that lemony to me, it's more like Ivory soap.

Did this just turn into a PIF thread? I'm in!
Just kidding- I'm out. I haven't found any Derby products I am fond of. Are there really that few lemon creams out there?

I'm sure there are plenty, just not that many that are $4 a tube.

I think Derby blades are average. I like Arko, but it doesn't really smell that lemony to me, it's more like Ivory soap.

Arko definitely has a lemony scent. Some describe it as "industrial cleaner stench" while others credit it as "mild and pleasing". It's open for debate, but I've tried a lot of brands and it's my favorite. :thumbup1:

I like the derby extra baldes..dont really like the smell or derby shaving bowl or the performance of the suds...ymmv

Anyone else have that experience? Are all the Derby creams like that or only the Lemon? I was really hoping to find an inexpensive alternative to AOS Lemon. Anyone that wants to try this I can PIF to someone who lives in US or Canada. Aside from the stinging it's a very good cream.

How many times have you used it? I would give it a few chances, there could've been other factors that led to the irritation. I love the stuff and haven't experienced any irritation but everyone's skin is different. Palmolive also makes a lemon scented cream that cost a lot less than AOS, you could always give it a try.

I have a tube of the Derby Lemon cream and have had no issues with irritation. I don't use it everyday, but I've used it more than a few times.

imcndn

How many times have you used it? I would give it a few chances, there could've been other factors that led to the irritation. I love the stuff and haven't experienced any irritation but everyone's skin is different. Palmolive also makes a lemon scented cream that cost a lot less than AOS, you could always give it a try.

I've used it twice, it's definitely the cream. It stings before I even start shaving. I'll look into the Palmolive cream. The PIF offer still stands, first person who says they want it gets it.

I've used it twice, it's definitely the cream. It stings before I even start shaving. I'll look into the Palmolive cream. The PIF offer still stands, first person who says they want it gets it.

I'm in. I'll give it a good home. I've been meaning to try Derby cream.

Top Bottom