What's new

today is a great day lol.M3

So.....i had taken a few days break from my safety razor, and today i thought id give me Mach3 a go :blush::laugh:

i hate to say this, but i have had the one of the best shaves ever! :laugh:

started with a nice shower, applied some pre shave oil.......loaded up some Proraso and lathered up.

got a new mach3 blade out and went for it.....

two passes later, i used my TOBS alum block...then my thayers witch hazel.

my face feels baby smooth! cant stop feeling it....:lol:

lol

Billski

Here I am, 1st again.
I took a slight break from a safety razor because I had a slight sore in the mustache area.

I used an electric shaver.

i am considering another Mach3 shave tomorrow :w00t: with my TOBS lemon and lime.

im loving the smoothness and no irritation. also no nicks in the lower neck area.

Use what works for you and what you like. If you like the M3 get a nice handle from Edwin Jagger or one of the other vendors. I switched from a M3 to DE because the M3 was causing a lot of irritation on my neck. I tried to use a SE and couldn't get a good shave at all. I thought about trying a straight, but said no, I get good shaves from the DE, I enjoy vintage Gillette's and that's what I'm sticking with.

The Mach 3 is a great razor! I do touch ups with it after my 2nd pass of my Slim. And sometimes, if my safety razor is causing irritation on my neck, I'll use M3 and no irritation whatsoever!

@happydad - i think i will be doing that. maybe a nice Edwin Jagger handle would be great!

i really feel like the Mach3 worked so well today. ive been feeling my face all day... haha

looking forward to trying it with TOBS lemon and lime tomorrow or Edwin jagger menthol.

Yo, Glad to know that you learned those lathering and No Pressure techniques here at the Home of the Badger....
We have fulfilled our mission.
:wink2:

Funny how that works sometimes. I wonder how much what you learn using DE razors in terms of technique helps when going back to carts - even if it is only a day or two.

I had the same experience with my Sensor. After learning how to properly shave, and with good prep and soap/cream, I would say it gives me just as good of a shave as my DE, and in one pass. In fact, one pass on my neck cleans up the burls on each side of my throat as good as, and usually better than, 2 passes and touchup with my DE. I stay with the DE because I get irritation on my neck with repeated use, the cartridges are expensive compared to blades, and using a DE just looks plain cool! My last gf thought I was a stud for using a DE, it scared her, and that's good enough for me! :lol:

i will definitely be using my DE again.....but today im loving Mach3 :thumbup:

im tempted to load up a brand new feather blade the next time i DE.....

I still have my Fusion, but haven't used it in ages. It needs new cartridges, and I figure if I'm gonna spend money on shaving, I'd rather it be DE.

The last cart I ever used was a Gillette M3 Power more than 18 months ago.
There's no going back for me - even in the unlikely event that I want to............
All of my spare cartridges were stored in the same room for 8 years, cold and damp in winter, hot and dry in early summer, hot and humid in the July/August heatwave.
It took it's toll, the lubra-strips deteriorated and the last time I used one it felt like sandpaper and I could only get 2 or 3 shaves before I tossed it out.
That is exactly how and why I started DE shaving and I've never looked back since.
Going back to my M3 Power isn't an option because I recently threw my last 6 cartridges - a total of 24 blades - into file #13
Good riddance to bad rubbish !!

Top Bottom