What's new

One Edwin Jagger on the way!

You shouldn't be disappointed. It is a wonderfully made razor that gives great shaves. I used mine this morning and it never fails to perform. I shave with a straight razor four times week and still love to use my DE-89L!!!

It's still my favorite. Make sure you don't have soap on your hands or things will get a little slippery. If you get a chance, grab a Weber Bulldog handle. It's much more balanced and gives you greater control.
A more aggressive razor may be more efficient and give you a closer shave with less passes, but shaving is about enjoying your shave and this is the razor I enjoy the most.

I'll post what I think after it arrives and I can try it out.

It's still my favorite. Make sure you don't have soap on your hands or things will get a little slippery. If you get a chance, grab a Weber Bulldog handle. It's much more balanced and gives you greater control.
A more aggressive razor may be more efficient and give you a closer shave with less passes, but shaving is about enjoying your shave and this is the razor I enjoy the most.

I'm a little concerned about slippage, but we'll see.

Don't worry about slippage. I have the classic Chrome handle for the DE89 and it has never posed a problem from that standpoint. If you are concerned though, just put a little Alum on your fingers and you should be fine.

I used mine this morning for the first time in a long while. It was my first DE, as is the case with many new wet shavers. It's a nice razor to start with, and you could conceivably use it exclusively forever, unless you go down the vintage razor rabbit hole.

Top Bottom