What's new

Aprons

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
Okay, this might be skirting very close to Mess Hall subject matter, but what the heck? To those of you that cook (and that does include grilling/smoking)- do you where an apron? Let's see yours, whether it is a serious, functional piece of clothing, or whether it is humorous, let's talk aprons.

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
If there is enough participation, and/or particularly good ones, maybe we can see about getting a custom title. I can't make any promises, so let's play it by ear.

I have one that read "OMGWTFBBQ". My ex wife got it for me for Christmas. I opened in front of my grandmother. We told it meant Oh My Goodness Where are The Friends let's BBQ.

I wear an apron at work. Rarely ever at home. I do find myself reaching for my side towel that I usually have tucked in the string while cooking at home.

For BBQing at home (work BBQ isn't the same) I'm three steps from the sink on the porch off the kitchen. Not worried about it.

Here's mine

proxy.php

Rudy Vey

Shaving baby skin and turkey necks
I actually have a few aprons: one for when I shine shoes - just a simple canvas one,would be nice to get a leather one, though - this one gets a lot of use.
Then I have one I used to wear while wood working, keeps a pencil, square, small ruler etc handy, but since I pretty much do only turning these days, it hangs on a hook in the shop. And one for cooking, but this one does get hardly any use since my wife turned vegan on me....

Billski

Here I am, 1st again.
I wear a red apron and a black one. No need for a picture of these.

I use these for washing dishes and other cleaning chores also.

I have a few; when I'm cooking something that spatters, they are quite handy at protecting my clothing.

My 2 favorites are an old apron of my mother's from when I was a kid (which will stay with me until it is passed down to my family, hopefully) and a cool looking one I found in Japan.

I've got a bunch as well but my go to is a plain white cotton ¾ length from a chef's supply store. Simple, inexpensive, highly functional. Keys to me are good length with ties that wrap around my back and tie in front so I can hang a dishtowel.

Alacrity59

Wanting for wisdom
I have a couple. Gifts, and I should wear them. Instead I have dawn, oxyclean, goo gone, goof off, in the laundry room to deal with the resulting issues.

Top Bottom