What's new

ATT H2 or something else?

So RAD is starting to kick in. Looking to expand my current collection.

I currently own:

VDH (Weishi) TTO
Merkur 39C
iKon Bamboo Handle
iKon OSS Handle
ATT Atlas Handle
iKon B1 SB base plate
iKon B1 OCC base plate
iKon B1 Deluxe OC base plate
iKon B1 standard top cap
iKon B1 Slant head

I get the best shaves from the SB, the Deluxe OC and the 39C

So I'm thinking of getting an ATT head. So H2 seems like a good choice being the most aggressive and open-comb

Don't think I need another Slant as I already have 2 in the collection.

Should I got with ATT or maybe a Muhle R41?

Or try something else like an adjustable?

Last edited:

garyg

B&B membership has its percs
The ATT is far and away a finer tool, machined of solid stainless as opposed to the Muhle's cast pot metal. The ATT also costs 3x. Both are aggressive and efficient. I have and enjoy the shave from both.

But, if you are looking to change things up, a vintage Gillette Adjustable can be found for less than the list on the R41 razor. A Slim or Super Adjustable is a classic that has already lasted 30 or 40 years. The modern adjustables suffer from the same cheaper materials as the Muhle R41 though. I have had at various times a Progress, a Mergess, and a Futur. All were sold, depreciated, on the BST. I've kept several Fatboys, a couple Slims and SA's though.

Aggressive open combs, Joris and ATT H2. I use Kai blades in them. Less aggressive, Gillette New LC. Have u considered SE? ATT SE2? Shavette, Feather DX?

I think I'm going to go with the H2. I have a Dovo Straight that I'm still learning how to use so not really interested in the shavette or Feather DX. The ATT SE2 seems interesting too, but that'd be my 3rd Slant. I actually think the 39C is better than the iKon B1 Slant. I want something open-comb and aggressive so I think the H2 is perfect

I suspect you'll like your H2. I know I like mine. The other open combs I enjoy are the Wolfman with an increased blade gap, the FaTip piccolo, both R41s (2011 and 2013, although they're not really open combs) and the MicroMatic open comb.

For me the answer was to get on the Wolfman list, then wait, and wait. In the end the wait was worthwhile as the WR1 cured my RAD!

Top Bottom