What's new

Brushless shave cream

We will be going on a trip shortly and will be in the motorhome. H2o will be at a premium, so the least hardware, and clean-up, the better. Looking for some "brushless" (no flames please!!!) cream that will take the place of the TOBS and silver-tip. What say you???? Thank you kindly. Semper-fi, Mike

Creamo. Red doesn't have the best scent (very very citrus) but its a great performer. Incredibly slick.

I just checked Drugstore.com

They have Cremo.

Vanicream is also brushless http://www.drugstore.com/vanicream-shave-cream-for-sensitive-skin/qxp187852?catid=361491

or Dove Men+Care http://www.drugstore.com/dove-mencare-shave-cream-sensitive-plus-pro-moisture/qxp548220?catid=361489

The complaint I hear most about brushless creams is that they clog the razor and cleaning it would negate the water saving from not using a brush... although the "solution' is to not use too much cream...

A paradox, it seems....

I'm a big fan of Musgo Real. (Though I have only ever used it with a brush.) It's a great cream, with lanolin for extra slickness and cushion. If you pick the right scent, it smells great, too.

Kiss My Face (KMF) can be used with a brush or brushless and performs as well or better than TOBS in my opinion. You may also want to look into shave oils. I've not tried them, but they don't take up much space on the counter.

My favorite in this genre is Malin + Goetz. It is pricey, though, and I do not think it's that widely available.

TJ Maxx and Marshall's used to carry a good reasonable one called H2O+ Marine. Haven't seen it for some time.
As I recall, however, the razor required a fair bit of rinsing -- not what you said you need.

So, try Cremo -- I've heard good things about the Cooling kind -- or Pacific Shaving Co.

Thank you kindly for all the replies. I will check them out. Apparently the way one applies the "likes" has changed as I don't see a way to do that, or I would put a "likes" on all the replies. Again, thanks so much. Semper-fi. Mike

I use when traveling a can, which makes traveling much easier and not worry about my brush. I prefer in a can, SMN, Proraso Green, and ADP. All pretty good

One of the few times the canned foam is the way to go. Barbasol or Brut are excellent choices and don't clog up razors as bad as heavier creams or shave gels.

Non-lathering creams don't require any more water to rinse then lathering creams. A small bowl of water is plenty.

I am a fan of Pacific Shaving, caffeinated shaving cream. It works great with or without brush. And I like the after shave caffeinated cream too. And their shaving oil....

C.O. Bigelow has it in a can. I've never used it, but have heard good things about it.
Another option for reduced water consumption is Shave Secret shave oil. Again, I've never used it so I can speak to it, but have heard that it's not optimal but will suffice.

By far, the best true brushless shaving cream in my armamentarium is Pro-Shave cream. A small 8 oz. jar will cost your under $7 from Amazon. Or you can buy a 48 oz. tub.

proxy.php

I've found that most creams in tubes and tubs work great brushless. Musgo Real, TOBS, sticks finger lathered after applying, Cremo (new cooling version is great) Neutrogena Sensitive Skin, La Toja, they all work great finger applied to a thin, slick layer. I use this method at least 40% of the time during the week, because it's so much faster than fussing with a brush.

Top Bottom