What's new

What are these blades?

"Mata pisau" is Indonesian for "blade". They are from Indonesia. It is possible the "Sword" trademark is licensed to Gillette / P&G in that country, just as there is some crossover of Gillette / Wilkinson Sword in India. If I happened on such blades, I would be mildly curious to try them. I do not find much difference among blades so I would expect a typical shave, with or without exotic branding or packaging.

Indonesian market, judging by the text on the package.

I just confirmed with my Indonesian wife that "5 Mata Pisau" is indeed in the Indonesian language. It means five keen (in the sense of sharp) blades. So these blades are for that market.

Wow! :w00t: Do you have a pic of the yellow 5 pack?

proxy.php

BAM! Like Emeril.
Nothing special about these compared to any other feathers.

I just confirmed with my Indonesian wife that "5 Mata Pisau" is indeed in the Indonesian language. It means five keen (in the sense of sharp) blades. So these blades are for that market.
Thanks!

To coin a phrase - Don't knock 'em 'til you've tried 'em - Who knows, you might like them.

I personally have never enjoyed any shave I've had when I tried using the Indian made Gillette Wilkinson Sword Blades - but you're not me.

YMMV

My experience as well. Probably one of the worst blades I have ever tried actually.

Top Bottom