What's new

What is your favorite "Artist Club" type blade for your SE razor?

What blade do you prefer for your SE Artist Club type razor? For me it's the Feather Pro. I find it to be extremely sharp, the sharpest of any blade IMO. It's also very smooth in my AlumiGoose V1 razor.
So what is your weapon of choice?

View attachment 675873

Depends on the razor:

Mongoose (stainless steel batch 3): I no longer have this razor, but I found that a Feather Pro Guard worked well. A Feather Pro was even better, but it required more attention on my part to avoid irritation, weepers, etc. Pro Supers were nasty.

Alumigoose V2: The mildest of the 'Geese, a Feather Pro Super works great in this razor.

Above The Tie SE1: This razor gives a great shave with just about every blade I have tried, with the Feather Pro working the best for me.

Cobra Classic: Mine is an early model that will not take the Pro Supers, so that narrows it down. No worries, a Feather Pro is awesome in this razor.

--Bob

Depends on the razor:

Mongoose (stainless steel batch 3): I no longer have this razor, but I found that a Feather Pro Guard worked well. A Feather Pro was even better, but it required more attention on my part to avoid irritation, weepers, etc. Pro Supers were nasty.

Alumigoose V2: The mildest of the 'Geese, a Feather Pro Super works great in this razor.

Above The Tie SE1: This razor gives a great shave with just about every blade I have tried, with the Feather Pro working the best for me.

Cobra Classic: Mine is an early model that will not take the Pro Supers, so that narrows it down. No worries, a Feather Pro is awesome in this razor.

--Bob

I have to agree with you, Bob, with the exception that I don't have an Alumigoose, but I do have a King Cobra. I have used both the Pro Guard and the Pro in my Cobra Classic, and they both work very well. The King Cobra is slightly less aggressive than the Cobra Classic, and both work well in it, too.

That's a good break-down Bob. I was considering buying an ATT SE1. You seem to like it with just about any blade. I may buy one soon.

In general, a Feather Pro and Pro guard are good all purpose blades that works well in almost anything I used. If you gotta get only one blade, choosing either will be a good decision.

In general, a Feather Pro and Pro guard are good all purpose blades that works well in almost anything I used. If you gotta get only one blade, choosing either will be a good decision.

I agree with this. The KAI blades are a bit milder. The KAI Guard is the mildest of all these type of blades.

Am I the only one that prefer the KAI pink over Feather here? seem to me to give me a much better and smooth shave with the Mongoose or the ATT SE1

Am I the only one that prefer the KAI pink over Feather here? seem to me to give me a much better and smooth shave with the Mongoose or the ATT SE1

I too, ead, as well as Stan from Above the Tie, love the Kai mild pink blade in the ATT SE-1. It is smooth but I get a very close BBS shave. I feel this is due to the aggressive blade exposure on this razor needing to be tamed with the Teflon coated PINK blade.

As for my Alumigoose V2, the Feather Super Pro is the best there due to the lesser blade exposure and gap on that razor.

I recently got my ATT SE1 and I still find the Feather Pro to be a fantastic blade in this razor. It's the only one I've tried in it so far.

I find the KAI captain originals optimal with my Cobra Classic, which combination probably gives me the best shave of everything I've tried. The Kai mild is fine, but I need the greater sharpness for my beard. The feathers, both the regular and the pro, while super sharp, are a little harsh to me. I don't get that harshness, and the attendant burn, from the KAIs. I like the KAI DE blades in my slant for the same reason, but that may be straying off topic.

Top Bottom