What's new

What years were Valet Autostrop VC1's made?

I picked one up today and have been able to narrow down the model to a "VC1" or "The Dollar Razor". The bottom says patented April 9 1912 other patents pending. I believe it has the wrong handle but a neat promotional case and it came with the strop and original packaging in better than good but not quite great condition.

Any help would be appreciated for my record keeping. Yes, I try to keep a record of my shaving purposes to include make, model, year code, location purchased or person who gave it to me and date of receipt.

The VC1 was introduced in 1922 and remained in production until at least 1928 or so when the VC2 was introduced. There are no serial numbers or date codes, so unfortunately it is difficult to get more specific than that.

The VC1 handle is a knurled cylinder with a smaller cylindrical neck. Here is a VC1 set with the proper handle:

$autostrop10.JPG

The VC1 was sold in several different cased sets, but AFAIK they all had the same handle.

A modified Gem blade can be used in the VC1, as well as the Feather FHS blades and of course NOS Auto-Strop blades.

--Bob

Wow! That's great. Been absorbed in a website build for a friend and haven't been to my favorite forum. Sorry it's taking so long to THANKS, Alex2363.

Top Bottom