What's new

Anybody know anything about Viking shave soaps?

Anybody here tried any of these? The ingredients list looks pretty nice.

Ingredients: Tallow, Stearic Acid, Water, Potassium Hydroxide, Coconut Oil, Aloe Vera Juice, Glycerin, Castor Oil, Sweet Almond Oil, Sodium Hydroxide, Sodium Lactate, Mango Butter, Apricot Kernel Oil, Shea Butter, Fragrance, Hydrolyzed Oats, Lanolin.

nikonNUT

The "Peter Hathaway Capstick" of small game
I have... The only one I don't have is the new "Ragnar" vegan soap. They all have great cushion, excellent slickness, and smell amazing! Honestly, I probably reach for a Viking soap 5 days out of the 6 I shave. I'm sure won't be disappointed with any of them!

This is a soap that sounds like it would be great. From the scents to the ingredients and positive reviews. I do wish I could hear from more people familiar with it and compair to other soap brands.

i have done a few reviews on viking shave soap great stuff! i own there ragnar its a none tallow formula thats really good scent on it is amazing. citron is a nice citrus blast with menthol this been my summer soap. lavender and ceder is a really nice scent to. tree of life is oakmoss and sandlwood very nice scent i love it. ironside to me smells like a really nice cologne. all of the soaps is super slick very cusioning. its on par with stirrling soaps. way better then a lot of other soaps in the same price range my personal opinion.

I have... The only one I don't have is the new "Ragnar" vegan soap. They all have great cushion, excellent slickness, and smell amazing! Honestly, I probably reach for a Viking soap 5 days out of the 6 I shave. I'm sure won't be disappointed with any of them!
I'm trying to choose between Ironside & Hedeby. Which one do you prefer?

a vegan viking soap, i am not familiar with the American crimes act, but this has to be a offense punishable by prison time.

I have the full range of Viking except for the new vegan ones. Love them all. Incredible lather on these with pretty good scents. I would choose Hebedy though Ironside is good Hebedys scent is pretty awesome B just used Citron this am.
proxy.php

I've got a sample on the way of ole Norse can't believe I haven't heard of this soap before being that I have an infatuation with Vikings got them tattooed all over me.

nikonNUT

The "Peter Hathaway Capstick" of small game
This is a soap that sounds like it would be great. From the scents to the ingredients and positive reviews. I do wish I could hear from more people familiar with it and compair to other soap brands.
Comparisons you want and comparisons you shall get! So the rest of my soap arsenal is PAA, Chiseled Face, and one each of Caties Bubblesand Gingers Garden. Let me start by saying that I think they are all great but Viking stands out in the following fashion. When I whip up a lather with my soaps I have a ritual. Wring out the brush (Razorock synthetic), load the brush with about 40 swirls in the tub, and proceed to build. About a minute in I'll add a few drops of water and continue. All of them build a lather in the bowl that looks like a tub of cool whip (Say the Stewie Griffin style :D ) but the Viking lather is so much denser! When I apply to my face the others have a translucent appearance like I've white washed my face you know? I can see skin through the lather. With the Viking it's solid white. Just a thick, dense, but not heavy, layer of soap. In continuing applications the Viking continues to offer the same while the others fade a bit like the bubbles are breaking down. I get secondary validation of this in that my razors glide like the soap is very wet while I can feel it drag a bit with the others like it is drying out. The is all simply my opinion but Viking stuff just seems to perform a bit better. Is it my water? Some bias? Maybe... IDK but my face seems happiest with the Viking soaps and on more that one occasion I wondered if I had put a blade in the NEW deluxe. Not really, but is was that slick! I hate to say YMMV but I suppose I have to. Give it a try. Worst comes to worst you call me an idiot. It won't be the first time or the last! :lol:

P.S. here's a gratuitous shot of a batch of Citron and my then new Razorock Monster... I didn't have clue what I was doing back then and still got a nice result!
proxy.php

Last edited:
Oh my goodness. The show Vikings is my absolute favorite show. I will buy these soaps even if they suck! I'm just bummed that Ragnar is a vegan soap? What the heck, it should be the only non-vegan one. I told my wife I hope it smells like dirt and blood.

Oh my goodness. The show Vikings is my absolute favorite show. I will buy these soaps even if they suck! I'm just bummed that Ragnar is a vegan soap? What the heck, it should be the only non-vegan one. I told my wife I hope it smells like dirt and blood.
I just started watching Vikings! LOL that would be an interesting scent! But its actually based on Creed Aventus, one of my favorite scents.

Just received my order of a sample of Old Norse and was pleasantly surprised they had thrown in a extra sample of Ironside. The smell of both is outstanding can't wait to give them a try tomorrow.

Just used Hedeby(Green Irish Tweed-ish) again this morning. I predict this soap maker will become more popular simply based on their performance. It is seriously one of the best soaps I own and I have some "giants" in my den

Comparisons you want and comparisons you shall get! So the rest of my soap arsenal is PAA, Chiseled Face, and one each of Caties Bubblesand Gingers Garden. Let me start by saying that I think they are all great but Viking stands out in the following fashion. When I whip up a lather with my soaps I have a ritual. Wring out the brush (Razorock synthetic), load the brush with about 40 swirls in the tub, and proceed to build. About a minute in I'll add a few drops of water and continue. All of them build a lather in the bowl that looks like a tub of cool whip (Say the Stewie Griffin style :D ) but the Viking lather is so much denser! When I apply to my face the others have a translucent appearance like I've white washed my face you know? I can see skin through the lather. With the Viking it's solid white. Just a thick, dense, but not heavy, layer of soap. In continuing applications the Viking continues to offer the same while the others fade a bit like the bubbles are breaking down. I get secondary validation of this in that my razors glide like the soap is very wet while I can feel it drag a bit with the others like it is drying out. The is all simply my opinion but Viking stuff just seems to perform a bit better. Is it my water? Some bias? Maybe... IDK but my face seems happiest with the Viking soaps and on more that one occasion I wondered if I had put a blade in the NEW deluxe. Not really, but is was that slick! I hate to say YMMV but I suppose I have to. Give it a try. Worst comes to worst you call me an idiot. It won't be the first time or the last! :lol:

P.S. here's a gratuitous shot of a batch of Citron and my then new Razorock Monster... I didn't have clue what I was doing back then and still got a nice result!
proxy.php

Oh man I picked up a tub of Ironside and samples of Citron and Tree Of Life. What a great soap! Reminds me a bit of the Wholly Kaw tallow version, very nice lather quality, have been blown away by this soap, the scents are a bit mild, but Viking stands out among the soaps I have tried (around 200) which is a huge compliment.

Thank you for the information, if there were no reviews I don't think I would have given this one a shot, but very glad since it is a great soap.

Top Bottom