What's new

SOTD "FREE WEEK" July 25th-31st, 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good Saturday Gents. Great posts and photos including those missed from Yesterday.

zzitop
ischiapp2 - nice
Guy
Matt -"42!"
Cody
Eric83 - welcome to SOTD
gemini68j
Soren
Matt (ungerwoo)
Cash - outstanding
Valeri
alfredus
dagwoodz
Bob
Chris
blexa
Antique Hoosier
Kashish -HAPPY B-Day!
Erich

Have a wonderful Day!

Saturday Shave 7.30.2016
Shower + Musgo Glyce face lather & rinse

Wade & Butcher Frame Back
Rudy Vey Muhle Synthetic
Truefitt & Hill 1805 shave soap
Truefitt & Hill 1805 aftershave splash
Truefitt & Hill C.A.R. Creme

proxy.php

Have A Great Day Gentlemen

Prep - Noxzema / Hot towel
Pre shave - Proraso
Razor – Hone 15
Blade – Polsilver Super Iridium
Brush - 'Papa Chub' (Chubby 3 Manchurian)
Soap – Mike's Natural
Post - Witch Hazel

I decided on the Polsilver Super Iridium at the last minute, and another super smooth shave was delivered.. I think I'll try the Sputnik next, as that was a blade I found to be a touch rough in the Weber.

30 July 2016

Imperial "Improved Eagle" Razor
Premier Black Latigo Strop
RazoRock Plissoft Brush
Custom-blended Soap
Alum
Bootlegger's Green Freeze

$IMG_0596.jpg

SOTD July 30th /16 (TTO focus run)

Razor - Gillette Executive in FB case
Brush - Jim #73 Purple Heart wood
Cream - Cella

Garden Hydrangea

Attachments

• $image.jpg
    $image.jpg
    88.6 KB · Views: 63

’73 Gillette Superspeed / Feather
Simpson PJ2 Best Badger
Tabac Shave Soap
Aqua Velva Original Sport

proxy.php

Enjoy your weekend, folks!

Razorock Plissoft synthetic
Stirling Sandalwood shave soap
Gillette British Aristocrat #15/ Wilkinson Sword (vintage)
Art of Shaving Sandalwood Aftershave Balm
YSL La Nuit de L'Homme

Proraso Green Pre/Post
Plisson Synthetic Pearly Grey handle
Barrister & Mann Baudelaire (Sample)
Gillette Old Type Use Ivory Soap
Personna Red (Shave 3)
Thayers Superhazel with Proraso Green Pre/post followed with Proraso/Osage Rub splash

$IMG_i5_073016 (2).jpg

proxy.php

[FONT=&amp]Simplemente insuperable[/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]Razor: COBRA Classic[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]Blade: FEATHER Profesional Super[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]Brush: LIOJUNY SHAVING Finest Badger 30X54 mm[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]Lather: KENT With Cooling Menthol crema[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]Aftershave: MYRSOL Agua de limón[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]Addcare: MYRSOL emulsión[/FONT]

Tallow + Steel "Dark"
BSB-Ti w/HMW Extra Dense
Above The Tie S1 w/ Triad Rolling Hex 316 Stainless | Gillette 7 O'clock Black (1)

proxy.php

This was my first time using Tallow and Steel products. Due to the performance I experienced today, they're instantly in my rotation, but first let's discuss the superficial.

The packaging is classy and professional complete with simple yet striking waterproof labels and the company logo imprinted on the puck. Choosing the scent required very little contemplation. They essentially had me at, "dark". The notes are printed directly on the tub, "coffee, cocoa, vetiver, ginger, benzoin, and peppermint". Strait from the puck, there's an unmistakable York Peppermint Pattie scent. Lathering initially didn't change that. It's pleasant for sure, but you may not want to smell like a dark chocolate-covered mint candy for very long. It turns out, that's not an issue because nefore the first pass was even through, it gained more depth and the chocolate was replaced with a light roast coffee. The peppermint sustained but was more muted. As I was lathering for the second pass, the entire profile turned on its heel. Cedar became the foremost scent. I have no idea where it came from because cedar is not one of the listed notes or oils. There was a slight sweetness to it. I imagined a cedar box filled with chocolate-covered coffee beans, and this was the primary scent for the remainder of the shave. I actually never picked up on vetiver. Since I'm not a professional, I could be missing the boat here. I can't definitively say I would be able to tell you what benzoin EO smells like, but I am familiar with benzoin tincture. I did not detect a benzoin scent. It very well could be the benzoin combined with the vetiver that's giving me the illusion of cedar. It was pleasant for sure, but just surprising.

I used a slightly damp knot and about 4-5 drops of water directly on the puck. The loading was quite easy. This is one of the firmer croaps I have used, but still not in the hard soap category. The lather was quickly forthcoming. It yielded a dense and very creamy ivory lather that's a little sensitive to additional water (don't drown it). Slickness was good. I would say it's about an 8 on a 1-10 slickness scale.

There was no drama with this shave. BBS and weeper-free. The post shave feel is also very good, but I probably couldn't get away without some form of post shave product for my scalp at least. Fortunately, the paired water-based splash has lots of good stuff for your skin. Cooling wasn't needed due to the peppermint in the soap, but the splash has it as well. The scent of the splash is still cedar-forward with only hints of peppermint in the background.

While "Dark" may not be the scent for everyone, I absolutely enjoyed it despite its being a surprise. "Dark" in this case does not equate to dirty or smoky but rather a clean scent. Tallow + Steel did not disappoint with products that perform as well as they look.

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom