What's new

First time with Lavazza

Normally I prefer to hand grind beans on my own but I decided to try lavazza. I have to say, for a medium roast pre-ground coffee, this makes some damn fine espresso. I made an affagato last night with slow churned coffee flavored ice cream and that was amazing as well. But is this really Italy's favorite coffee?

$image.jpg

SWMBO brought some espresso home a few months ago. She said it was in the sale bin and could not say no...

Not bad in the Pasquini. I was impressed :yesnod:

Lavazza certainly makes many whole bean offerings. I would encourage you to check out their Pienaroma Espresso. 100% arabica, Brazilian & Costa Rican blend.

I highly recommend buying a grinder and whole beans, even Lavazza beans.
Once exposed to air, the coffee srarts to loose the aroma and the finer aspects of the flavor. The freahest (to roasting) the beans and closer there are ground to brew time the better.

I didnt think too much of this home grinding business until I accidently forgot one time to have the beans ground for me at the store. I recalled I had a very cheap blade grinder (for coffee and spices) and what a difference did it made. That strong aroma that I got from coffee in the first day (max two) after purchase was there, every time I brewed until I finished the bag.

I use a Moka pot at home so it does not require a super fine and consistent grind, like a high end espresso machine would, but I did upgrade to the a basic burr grinder (Melitta )which is not expensive and easier to use. Plus, the management wanted her spice grinder back.

Thanks to you , brians_myth, I bought some too... It's next on the rotation.. like those soaps and creams.. waiting its turn.

Lavazza and ilily both outstanding.
the Italians learned how not to scorch the beans.
Best fresh ground.
Lavazza available in bulk whole bean locally, regular, espresso and decaf.

Lavazza Tierra is probably my favorite coffee. It's good for espresso, good for french press, drip maker, any way I've had it.

TexLaw

Fussy Evil Genius
I haven't had much Lavazza or Illy in quite some time. However, that's pretty much what I drank for the last couple of weeks (nearly all Lavazza, with a little bit of Illy thrown in, here and there). A good deal of that Lavazza was from their capsule/cartridge doo-dads. I remarked on more than one occasion that the coffee was quite tasty--even a long, full, tasty finish.

I must admit that I tend to drop my expectations for coffee while traveling, but that's not all there was to it. That was some fine coffee.

I haven't had much Lavazza or Illy in quite some time. However, that's pretty much what I drank for the last couple of weeks (nearly all Lavazza, with a little bit of Illy thrown in, here and there). A good deal of that Lavazza was from their capsule/cartridge doo-dads. I remarked on more than one occasion that the coffee was quite tasty--even a long, full, tasty finish.

I must admit that I tend to drop my expectations for coffee while traveling, but that's not all there was to it. That was some fine coffee.
That was my reaction to it too. A bagel shop opened down the street from me and served Lavazza, I was pretty blown away by it. They were kind enough to offer to sell me a pound or two but I ended up getting it off Amazon. Still my go to.

I'll have to give that a shot.

I see what you did there!! :w00t:

Pre-ground Lavazza (Qualita Rossa) in my moka pot or aeropress with metal filter has been very nice. I tend to like the Italian coffee blends as I don't care for acidic coffees. I have yet to try the whole bean Lavazza of any flavor yet. Once I get through some of my current stash I'll have to give it a shot. I have an electric and manual burr grinder so generally prefer fresh ground coffee.

I have also tried the pre-ground Kimbo coffee, quite nice also.

I see what you did there!! :w00t:

I have an electric and manual burr grinder so generally prefer fresh ground coffee.

I have also tried the pre-ground Kimbo coffee, quite nice also.

I also prefer whole bean coffee. I bought a manual grinder and I haven't looked back since. I still haven't found Lavazza whole bean out here, but I did sign up for Misto Box. I got a coffee called "Eye of the Tiger" by Equator. Damn fine coffee.

I also prefer whole bean coffee. I bought a manual grinder and I haven't looked back since. I still haven't found Lavazza whole bean out here, but I did sign up for Misto Box. I got a coffee called "Eye of the Tiger" by Equator. Damn fine coffee.

If your area is anything like mine just head to your nearest italian grocer. There will likely be many brands of italian coffee including Lavazza pre-ground and whole bean.

My hand grinder is a porlex tall. Works quite well.

I receive Lavazza coffee on Amazon Subscribe & Save every month. Good stuff!

Top Bottom