What's new

Songs That Brighten Up Your Day

Claudel Xerxes

Staff member
I'm looking for songs that change your mood. Songs that pick you up. Songs that put you in that constant smile state. I heard this at my cousin's wedding tonight, and I couldn't help but to wonder what songs you like to hear that brightens up your day? What are songs that you listen to when you're trying to feel better, trying to maintain a positive attitude, or just having fun?

Last edited by a moderator:
Almost made it to bed, once i started reaching back i ran into...

Lola: the Kinks
Bohemian Rhapsody: Queen

But then there was grade 11 accounting class and all us white boys and possibly some white girls were going...

"Doo do doo do doo do do doo..."

The Count of Merkur Cristo

B&B's Emperor of Emojis
Erick:
Oh...where does one start
proxy.php

So many songs from Pablo Cruz to the Stones to Stanley Clark to The Eagles to The Temptations to MercyMe ("I can only imagine"), and Beyonce (and so many others et. al). :001_rolle

I remember (so, so many years ago), when I was 'going through a bad patch'...the song..."In the Arms of Love" by Michael Bolton always brightened my day! :thumbsup:

But lately...this song (slow & cool), "Not a bad thing" brings me up (probably older age 'setting-in'...just the 'Sentimental Gentleman' in me). :w00t:

proxy.php
[FONT=&amp]"Music is the movement of sound to reach the soul..." Plato[/FONT]

Almost made it to bed, once i started reaching back i ran into...

Lola: the Kinks
Bohemian Rhapsody: Queen

But then there was grade 11 accounting class and all us white boys and possibly some white girls were going...

"Doo do doo do doo do do doo..."

:thumbup1:

^ another nice call with the Cars. Great catalog of songs. Took me years later to realize that Rik Okacek (sp?) was not the lead singer. All those videos (with his beautiful wife (?)) Paulina Porzo-whatever) that led me to believe he sang the hits.

^ another nice call with the Cars. Great catalog of songs. Took me years later to realize that Rik Okacek (sp?) was not the lead singer. All those videos (with his beautiful wife (?)) Paulina Porzo-whatever) that led me to believe he sang the hits.

Ric sang lead on a good deal of them ( You're All I've Got Tonight, Best Friend's Girl, etc.) and almost all of the bubble gum 80s pop stuff they did later. He knew Ben had a better voice though and often they would both try out the lead on a particular song and then whoever's voice fit better would sing. He has said that the songs that actually needed a good voice he would have Ben sing. Ric's contributions to the band however cannot be understated. He wrote all the songs.

Elliot Easton is one of the most tasteful guitar players around. His leads always fit perfectly. Benjamin Orr might have been the coolest person in the history of rock and roll. At least in his prime, which to me is '78-'81. His voice and his bass lines were amazing. And on stage he just dripped "Cool".

I was always impressed by the power and finesse Dave Robinson drums with. And Greg Hawkes is one of the most universally talented musicians alive. He was even tapped by Sir Paul to play keys on a few tracks on one of his albums. All of them, particularly Hawkes and Easton were/are Beatles fanatics.

IMO, the material on the first two Cars albums are among the best ever recorded. I have never been impressed by much of their material after that though. The album they made two years ago has a song on it called Blue Tip which I think is good and sounds to me to be in the vein of classic Ric Ocasek songs.

Last edited:
I always perk up a bit when something from high school and songs I used to play in bands comes on the radio!

Top Bottom