What's new

Ingrown hairs in the neck area

Hello,
I've been de/wet shaving for 8 years now, and I still have trouble with ingowns mostly around Adam's Apple. Sometimes in other areas also, because my hair grows and lays flat to my skin. I definatly don't slack in my prep routine. On my neck I have to go with the grain. I was thinking if skin stretching would help raise those hairs so I could shave them off cleanly, instead of sceming over top of the hairs that lay flat. Any suggestions?

Hello,
I've been de/wet shaving for 8 years now, and I still have trouble with ingowns mostly around Adam's Apple. Sometimes in other areas also, because my hair grows and lays flat to my skin. I definatly don't slack in my prep routine. On my neck I have to go with the grain. I was thinking if skin stretching would help raise those hairs so I could shave them off cleanly, instead of sceming over top of the hairs that lay flat. Any suggestions?
Our members have tons of info on trouble neck area shaving issues

http://badgerandblade.com/vb/showth...suggestions-that-would-help-others?highlight=

" Product wise " may I suggest Anthony Logistics ingrown hair treatment. It solved the problem for me 100%.

Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant Tapatalk

Stretching is a good idea - I get them on the left side of my neck area (but never on the right)
It's drastic, but I pull them out with tweezers whenever I can - lightning can't strike in the same place twice
As a bonus the left side of my neck area is gradually going bald - less to shave :lol:

It seems stretching would put the cut whisker end even further below the skin surface and result in more ingrown hairs not fewer!

Stretching is a good idea - I get them on the left side of my neck area (but never on the right)
It's drastic, but I pull them out with tweezers whenever I can - lightning can't strike in the same place twice

I thought I was stretching properly, until I tried straight razor shaving. Since straights, I get almost no ingrown hairs. Like Adam, I do pull them out with tweezers. I make sure to get the root. If I don't get the root, the problem just seems to get worse.

When I first stared shaving I'd shave WTG and had a problem with ingrown, Dad suggested hot towel soak and shaving ATG, solved the problem and been shaving that way for better than 50 years.

Top Bottom