What's new

"Beautiful" Zara 12

I bought a bottle of Zara 12 a year or so ago. I have used it in a variety of ways: neat, rum and Coke, traditional daiquiri. Tonight, though, a guy walks up to the bar and orders a drink he calls a "Beautiful." He tells the bartender that it is equal parts Zara 12 and Grand Marnier, with a large cube. He is nice enough to buy one for a guy standing next to him who asks about it. I'm timid, and Google search. The recipe I find is Grand Marnier with cognac. Any body hear of this drink before? I think I can get a close approximation with Zara 12 and Cointreau...

Dadgum spell check!!
I'd love to blame it on spellcheck, but, man, I just kept going with it! Gonna blame it on a light night so soon after standing outside the Toronto Dumas Square Zara waiting for my daughter to emerge!

Haven't had a chance to try the formula yet....

Well, no time like the present, eh? I pour a splash of each in the bottom of a rocks glass and turn my attention to the bills on the counter. "Tastes good," the wife says. So now I pour an ounce of each into the glass with a couple of ice cubes. It is sweet. Orange. Vanilla. Creamsicle! Not a bad drink, but not something I'll be seeking out.

I'd love to blame it on spellcheck, but, man, I just kept going with it! Gonna blame it on a LATE night so soon after standing outside the Toronto DUNDAS Square Zara waiting for my daughter to emerge!

Haven't had a chance to try the formula yet....
Man!

Top Bottom