What's new

Benchmade Mini Gripilian vs. Mini Barrage

Gentlemen,

I don't know alot about knives as I am a straight razor guy but have over the past month or so decided to carry more than a small folding pen knife so I was lucky enough to have a generous Vendor to send me both the Mini Gripilian and Mini Barrage by Benchmade, one is spring assisted and the other not but the non spring assisted knife seems fairly quick to deploy but not nearly as quick as the Mini Barrage so after handling both I like both but cannot afford to get both so I have to choose and looking for pros and cons of both, i have done a fair amount of research and both have their following but its a hard decision so looking for guys that have both or one or the other for input.

Thanks

I don't have experience with those models, but Benchmade makes very reliable knives. It really may come down to personal preference. Do you favor one over the other?

Well, I have been playing around with both in my pocket most of the day and the Mini Barrage seems to be slightly heavier that the Mini Griptilian and i surely love the spring assist even though the Griptilian is pretty easy to deploy it's alot less effortless with the Barrage.

Ad Astra

The Instigator
I have a well-used and long time carried Mini Barrage, and can't say enough good about it.

Then, I even bought it used, from a friend in another forum. If anything is better, can't be by much.

AA

Mini Barrage for sure. Spring assist is always a good feature. Enjoy. You could go the true B&B way - get both!

Mini Barrage for sure. Spring assist is always a good feature. Enjoy. You could go the true B&B way - get both!

Well I have played around with both pretty much all day and I am thinking the Mini-Barrage, I just really am liking the spring assist, would like to have both but have way to many irons in the fire.

Last edited by a moderator:
are you firm on benchmade? ive carried a SOG trident tanto for years and love it, tough as nails, easy to sharpen, and great in my hands. i recently purchased a spyderco endura 4, and so far its great. i have no direct experiance with benchmade so i cant comment on knives themselves, what are you looking for in a knife?

Thank you for the input gentlemen, I ended up getting the Mini Barrage and it fits very nicely in my pocket, I am sure this won't be my last EDC blade.

Top Bottom