What's new

Starter kit PIF for lurkers and new guys!

Ok guys what I have for you today is a starter set for those who have been considering getting into wet shaving or have just begun but don't have a full set up yet. There's nothing too fancy here, but it'll get you started and help you decide if DE shaving is for you. Functionality over fashion. So here is what we have today!
Entry rules at the bottom: read everything before entering!

$20160722_190206.jpg

Razor: Merkur 23c, like new. Cleaned up and sanitized with alcohol.
Brush: Omega 10066. Lathered one time to start break in, it helps reduce initial smell and starts splitting hairs which is a good thing. A broken in boar has soft tips, makes better lather and retains that strong backbone. I think boar is a great value!
Blades: One tuck each (5 blades) of Dorco ST-301 and Astra SP
Soap: Obsessive Soap Perfectionist Fougere scent. It's a fine performer and was given to me in a PIF. There's quite a bit left but I'm tired of my wife complaining about it's scent. I've used it maybe half dozen times but I received it slightly used as well.
Aftershave Balm: Omega with eucalyptus. Brand new.

How to enter!

If you're brand new I request that you either introduce yourself in the shave clinic or enter the Hall of Fame before entering this PIF.

Then post what you currently have for a setup.
1) If you're brand new that is one entry.
2) If you do not own a DE razor that is one entry.
3) Not owning a brush is worth one entry
4) Never having tried an aftershave is one entry.

That's it! Post away and I'll see where we are in 7 days. If we don't get much interest I'll expand allowable entrants.
When it's time to pick I'll tally up your entries and enter them into a list randomizer in the order of entry and pick a winner!

I added up all of my entries and I have exactly zero points.

I'll call Not in. This is a really great PIF though. Thanks for doing it.

You new guys should be jumping all over this one.

Hey guys. Thanks for doing this, I'll enter because it would be perfect for me.

Just got into wet shaving a few days ago but I've been spending a lot of time here and on reddit (wicked edge). I ordered an EJ DE89 which came today along with the VDH starter kit (both from amazon). Unfortunately the mug in the starter kit was broken so I am returning it and will buy a new one. My first DE shave was awesome, no cuts or anything and it was super smooth so I can see why you guys love it. Won't be able to do it again for a few days until my start kit is returned and I get a new one.

So I guess I qualify for 1 and 4. Technically 3 too since I don't own a brush currently haha. Either way thanks for doing this!

Hey Cool, Catalinbread!!

I have the same number of points as dfoulk...

we both have an equal chance to be NOT IN!!!

Hey You Lurkers, this is the reason and time to join....

PIFs to the left of me; PIFs to the right of me.....

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
What he said! VERY generous PIF!
I added up all of my entries and I have exactly zero points.

I'll call Not in. This is a really great PIF though. Thanks for doing it.

You new guys should be jumping all over this one.

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
I barely qualified for this, but I'm out. VERY generous of you, Sir! But then again, I expect no less from the noble gentlemen of B&B... Good luck to you all!

With the new rules I could get in because of the join date but this would be best to go to a really new guy. Wish I could have found a PIF like this when I got in. Might have saved me some cash. Great PIF and all you lurkers better join in. No strings attached! You will not find more generous people than here!

Then post what you currently have for a setup.
1) If you're brand new that is one entry.
2) If you do not own a DE razor that is one entry.
3) Not owning a brush is worth one entry
4) Never having tried an aftershave is one entry.

1. I'm brand new! First DE shave on Thursday last week :)
2. I own a cheapie plastic one to start so no point here
3. I own a (cheap) brush that is bought last week :)
4. Haven't yet have only used all round face moisturiser but was planning to get some next time bank account allows

hey! Amazing thank you so much for this PIF! First of all I'm based outside US but have a mailing address there that forwards. Have just joined and someone suggested here that I join: http://badgerandblade.com/vb/showthread.php/496455-First-timer?p=8393376#post8393376

Good luck to me :D

1. I'm brand new! First DE shave on Thursday last week :)
2. I own a cheapie plastic one to start so no point here
3. I own a (cheap) brush that is bought last week :)
4. Haven't yet have only used all round face moisturiser but was planning to get some next time bank account allows

hey! Amazing thank you so much for this PIF! First of all I'm based outside US but have a mailing address there that forwards. Have just joined and someone suggested here that I join: http://badgerandblade.com/vb/showthread.php/496455-First-timer?p=8393376#post8393376

Good luck to me :D

Welcome! Can't let [MENTION=111406]jzs5636[/MENTION] just walk away with it. [MENTION=111395]ckawa[/MENTION] can still enter if done correctly. Missing out on entries if you don't tell me what ya got.:001_smile

Top Bottom