What's new

Something odd. Double odd. Old timers dust off your investigative skills!

Spotted this at the last minute. Not too much interest on the auction even though it is an Executive Fatboy with no markings on the base. Very odd so I bid on it but not too much. Thought it was just a QC error or some guy on the line had a nap. Auction pics were terrible and it looked beat up. Arrived today and it is in top notch condition with only a bit of lacquer wear. Happy I was. But wait! What the heck? Closer inspection of my pics revealed another anomaly. Put your expert hats on boyz.
proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

ok, I haven't done B&B research in long while ( good thing Edgar-nuclearblast came along :thumbup1:)......
so excuse the cob webs.

$734590-cobwebs-and-crystal-ball.jpg

TexLaw

Fussy Evil Genius
There's no telling what really is going on, there, but one could argue with a straight face that it's a production or marketing test.

Pretty cool, no matter what! Great find!

Pretty cool. I want to be sure though. No date code but a "228" hand etched on to the base plate. But for sure - no date code?

Absolutely no evidence of any base stampings or marks. Just smooth plated surface. The number is TINY, but looks hand done. How?

But wait!! 228 is my area code... (Is that the Twilight Zone theme I hear?)

I must know more!

Going to try to take a closer pic.

Last edited:
If you don't mind, I would like to make a note of this find on my website on the Executive Fatboy page. I like to document odd stuff like this. And, if I can use a photo of yours? I'll add a credit with photoshop if I have your permission. If so, PM me with how you would like the credit worded. Thanks in advance. No problem at all if that isn't your cup of tea.

If you don't mind, I would like to make a note of this find on my website on the Executive Fatboy page. I like to document odd stuff like this. And, if I can use a photo of yours? I'll add a credit with photoshop if I have your permission. If so, PM me with how you would like the credit worded. Thanks in advance. No problem at all if that isn't your cup of tea.

My humble self is truly honored to be a part of your veritably informative publication. In other words: Sure you can use it! pm sent.

And to Edgar, oh wizened one: A fake!!?? NOOOOOOO!

Toby: could be aliens.... I'm open to that possibility.

BUT!! I must know the facts! Dig boyz!!! DIG!

Last edited:
When did the ones with the regular Fatboy knobs come out? Beginning or end of the series of Executives? Mine has the Fatboy knob and executive knurling on the handle, gold plated. I don't remember the date code off hand.

What if this one was a repair sent back for service and 228 was an employee number or something? Like the marks on three piece razors that were repaired at the factory?

Is the cap at the end of the handle scratched or showing any signs of being removed?

Is the cap at the end of the handle scratched or showing any signs of being removed?

Looks normal. If a factory repair someone would have seen one before this methinks. Has anyone in here ever seen one? Also wouldn't they use trademarked/logo parts for a repair to go back to the public? Come to think of it they would probably just trash it and send out a new one in 1960.

I didn't know there was a difference in the knobs and knurling during the year. How about a couple pics illustrating the diffs?

Top Bottom