What's new

Kidney Stones Are Bad

Had once. Hope never again.
When you wake up in agony down there and do what anyone does - Google the symptoms - you see kidney stones and figure "maybe gut it out" . Then you see "testicular torsion" and get to the ER in less time than is possible by known physics.

Good luck to all who ha e a history.

Think A Nightmare on Elm Street meets There Will Be Blood, and you're about halfway there. My urologist said to retrieve them if I could to send to the lab for analysis. Whatever he found out must have been worth it, because the treatment plan he has me on has kept me stone free for almost a year.
Good luck

I got the xray back from my appointment Monday. No sign of a stone in my ureter anymore! Woohoo! We've canceled the litho for the time being. I've not felt any pain or any twinge in that area. It's possible I passed it already and just didn't notice. If it comes back, for any strange reason, at least I've got the meds to jump on top of it before it becomes an ER visit. Thank you all for your support!

#thestonehasleftthebuilding

kelbro

Alfred Spatchcock
I passed my last one in a couple of days by drinking a concoction of apple cider vinegar to help dissolve it and olive oil to lube the trail. Surprised how well it worked after my previous painful experiences. The vinegar kind of knocked the sharp edges down. Least painful of any of my previous 4 stones.

I passed my last one in a couple of days by drinking a concoction of apple cider vinegar to help dissolve it and olive oil to lube the trail. Surprised how well it worked after my previous painful experiences. The vinegar kind of knocked the sharp edges down. Least painful of any of my previous 4 stones.

There is no known concoction you can drink that will dissolve kidney stones, and oils ingested are fats that are processed in the digestive system. They do not get into the urinary tract. I've never had oil in my urine, and neither have you. I'm glad that your last stone passing was relatively easy, but some stones pass easy and others do not.

Stones are a long-term affliction with no quick fixes. My last blockage was giving me no major pain, but I lost a kidney because of it. Stones are an enemy I'm very familiar with. All I can do now is increase my water intake, and reduce my calcium and oxalate saturation by taking diuretics.

I wish all my stone suffering brothers the best of luck; they're no fun.

Don

KeenDogg

Slays On Fleek - For Rizz
Yes, they hurt alot, it's right up there in the pain level of,

The hottest love of your life leaving with no real reason
Somebody denting your new car
Losing million dollars lottery by 1 point
Paying 200 dollars for Heavyweight title fight and it last only 1 round due to early knock out
Dropping last piece of fave desert pie late night snack
Having B&B mod delete your funny dirty joke post[emoji38]

Stones are painful [emoji23]
Had stones and had my dirty joke deleted!!! Not in the same day, thankfully!

Adam

David

B&B’s Champion Corn Shucker
I got the xray back from my appointment Monday. No sign of a stone in my ureter anymore! Woohoo! We've canceled the litho for the time being. I've not felt any pain or any twinge in that area. It's possible I passed it already and just didn't notice. If it comes back, for any strange reason, at least I've got the meds to jump on top of it before it becomes an ER visit. Thank you all for your support!

#thestonehasleftthebuilding
Good news! Glad you're feeling better.

The only one of those movies that did the book any justice.

I completely agree! No other movie comes close. Perhaps Patriot Games.

Also, I just can't read any Clancy that's been written in conjunction with another author. I just find them brutally unreadable compared to works written solely by Clancy. What's your opinion of the joint authorship?

Top Bottom