What's new

Kidney Stones Are Bad

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
I completely agree! No other movie comes close. Perhaps Patriot Games.

Also, I just can't read any Clancy that's been written in conjunction with another author. I just find them brutally unreadable compared to works written solely by Clancy. What's your opinion of the joint authorship?
I'm of the opinion Executive Orders was the last Ryan novel that he wrote himself. The Bear and the Dragon, and everything after that, just didn't seem like him.

Now it's my turn...hit me a 4am , horrendous pain....next 3 days could barely urinate....They gave me Flo-Max , oxycodone/ acetaminophen, and a few days later Cipro ...I am flowing a little better now , but not normal...I see the urologist March 6th...I really dread what may happen...I had 3 surgeries for sepsis / gallstones 6 years ago..Got a catheter before the first surgery and after they yanked it out I was bleeding profusely for 24 hours..I really have nightmares about catheters...My other worry is they gave me a CAT scan 6 years ago and another one with this event, something that could take it's toll later...

Now it's my turn...hit me a 4am , horrendous pain....next 3 days could barely urinate....They gave me Flo-Max , oxycodone/ acetaminophen, and a few days later Cipro ...I am flowing a little better now , but not normal...I see the urologist March 6th...I really dread what may happen...I had 3 surgeries for sepsis / gallstones 6 years ago..Got a catheter before the first surgery and after they yanked it out I was bleeding profusely for 24 hours..I really have nightmares about catheters...My other worry is they gave me a CAT scan 6 years ago and another one with this event, something that could take it's toll later...
You have my sympathies brother. They are no fun. Here's hoping it passes for you swiftly and with minimal pain.

KeenDogg

Slays On Fleek - For Rizz
My prayers are with you, malocchio. I have had a couple but it pales in comparison.

Kindly,
Adam

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

They're using ultrasound to visualize the stones, lately, so hopefully they choose that over another CT. Just keep pushing the water, and it will help work that stone through.

Feel better!

Ugh!! Hope you're better soon, malocchio.

I'm 67 years old and passed my first stone when I was 22 years old. In that time I have passed numerous stones. Have had numerous scopes, Lithotripsy, and once surgery as the stone was 3/8th. of a inch in diameter and stuck in mu urethra tube. This was before current technology. I also am a two time cancer survivor and recently had a CT scan which showed no cancer, but did show I had 6 stones in my left kidney and 7 in my right albeit they are small. So I guess it is only a matter of time before one tries to set itself free. I have developed an attitude that goes something like this, it only hurts till the needle goes in and just go about living my life. Good luck with that curse....

Ron...that was another thing that bothered me, I had 2 MRI 's and 2 ultra sounds that failed to find a gallstone that had lodged itself in my bile duct for many years .... close to death the CAT scan found it and a cesspool of sepsis in 2011...Now I just had another CAT scan , and I'm starting to wonder how long before the radiation instigates something else ...So Ron , do they CAT scan you every time you have to go in for these stones? Do they need to see the exact location every incident ?...Also , when they do the procedures on you do they put you out first ?? Good luck on your battles, you're one tough guy in my book !

During my wife's episode with a perforated gall bladder, believe the doctor told me that xrays and MRIs do not detect gallstones because of their composition. That was the only way he confirmed that there were some lodged in the bile duct.

Ron...that was another thing that bothered me, I had 2 MRI 's and 2 ultra sounds that failed to find a gallstone that had lodged itself in my bile duct for many years .... close to death the CAT scan found it and a cesspool of sepsis in 2011...Now I just had another CAT scan , and I'm starting to wonder how long before the radiation instigates something else ...So Ron , do they CAT scan you every time you have to go in for these stones? Do they need to see the exact location every incident ?...Also , when they do the procedures on you do they put you out first ?? Good luck on your battles, you're one tough guy in my book !
I don't have CT's for the finding of stones, I have the CT's to check for any tumors that may have formed. The notice of the stones is a natural by product of the CT scans. I haven't passed a stone in about four years or so, which is a bit strange, but be that as it may I can certainly live with that. All I can do is drink a-lot of water and hope for the best. Not to mention I have bigger fish to fry than be concerned about the stones. Yeah location of the stones is located, but if they don't bother me I'm not going to bother them. When I did have any procedure done I was put out. Massive radiation has left me with more than a few issues, but I simply deal with them and keep moving forward. All the best my friend and please enjoy the rest of you're weekend.

Best Regards
Ron

Yes, hoping the stone has passed, I am taking a bladder ultra sound test on the 20th....The CAT scan revealed I have hardening of the arteries , according to the urologist, who also checked my prostate and found a lump .." could just be scar tissue" says he....My PSA level has always been great , so I took a blood PSA test today , hoping to see low numbers by Friday...As for the hardening of the arteries, I'm 68 , never smoked, eat fairly healthy, not sure to what degree they are screwed up, but I want someone other than a urologist to fill me in...

Been there, done that. The last time I was hospitalized for a week.

The first experience was bad enough. The second time was worse, as soon as I felt that funny sensation of the stone moving, I almost ran to my car to get to the hospital. I was racked with pain before I got there, I kept having to pull over the car and wait for it to subside enough to drive.

I parked in the 15 minute emergency parking, not knowing that I would not come back out for another 7 days. At the time, I was a police officer in the city where the hospital was located, so my car was not ticketed or towed away.

I could not keep oral pain killers down, and morphine was not enough to dull the pain. I ended up getting dilaudid by IV. It burned like fire going into my arm, and as it traveled through my body, it felt almost like putting my finger into a light socket, a vibrating numbness. But then the feeling changed to warm clouds, and the pain vanished. But after two hours or so, it would begin to creep back.

The doctor said my stones were caused by chronic dehydration. Working in a hot and humid environment, wearing a protective vest was drying out my body, and causing crystals to form into stones. I doubled my liquid intake, and have not had another stone since (knocks on wood).

There were recent studies making the rounds in the news that suggest riding a roller coaster would help pass a stone, something about the g-forces and getting jostled around. I don't recall exactly but I think for someone prone to getting stones riding a coaster can dislodge them when they're still small enough to pass rather than for someone actively passing a stone.
Never had the problem myself but good luck to you guys going though this.

Got my PSA results back , 1.15 , which is double what is was 2 1/2 years ago ( .56 ) , Doc says no worries , a big relief for me, next up an ultra sound on my bladder March 20th...

Top Bottom