What's new

Anyone use Treets? What about the silver edged?

I've tried Treet Platinum, I thought they were ok for a no frills blade, but I can get better blades for less money

Treet Platinum are good blades but, kind of expensive on the Bay for some reason. TP X5 shaves & counting. Treet carbon black X2 shaves & retired to the blade bank.

Tried some of their options a long while ago and was unimpressed, solid-average blades but nothing special for me. Have not tried any of their options recently. Obviously YMMV!

very happy with Durasharps and Black Beauties. The Durasharps work great in my 34c and 37c slant, Black Beauties worked better in the 34c than the slant, but all pretty inexpensive, so great bargain for me. I use the slant almost exclusively and the Black Beatuties are pretty much one and done. The Durasharps are good for at least 2 great shaves, with the second being a bit better. The blades are heap and not worth stretching for a record number of shaves.
just my opinion, I could be wrong.

I liked the Durasharp and Black Beauties as well.
I've bought a tuck of every one of the others to try out from TryABlade (20 to 25 Cents per blade and lots of choices) but I've been Injector-addicted for a few months and haven't used the Blue Tip and the new blades yet.

And, yes, one or two shaves per blade as a rule.. I think I got 3 out of a Black Beauty but that last one was definitely the last one. Ouch.

Tryablade.com threw a Treet Platinum in with my last Gillette sampler order but I haven't had a chance to try it out yet.

Well, for the Carbon steel DE blades, I think 2 shaves is probably the Maximum possible.

It's nice how Treet makes so much variety when it comes to blades. It's a lot for just one company.

Treet Silver (green/yellow package) is very middle of the road for me. I had a ten pack that came with a Treet shavette that i ordered from ebay.

They are not a bad blade by any means, but as far as medium sharp/smooth blades go, there are better options for me. I encourage you to try them out though, they may work better for you.

I used one today in a Parker 94r razor and got a superb shave. The Silvers are good for 2 shaves for me. Those 2 are nice but not the 3td. I like them well enough.

Top Bottom