What's new

The last tin you finished

Killed off a tin of Cabbie's Mixture last night at the CORPS meeting.... Got to try some old Rattray's Old Gowrie which was quite nice, sweet and smooth.

Working on cleaning up the almost empty jars.
Another one bites the dust! $20160923_115406.jpg

Kicked a jar of Esoterica Dorchester from '13

While I like Dorchester, Dunbar is my favorite of the Esoterica line (not including Penzance and Stonehaven).

I'm digging this thread BK.

I have a lot of bulk jars that I'm sitting on in the cellar so my attention has been drawn to the tins I've yet to crack. But I don't want to pop any until I finish what's open.

Recent "laid to rests" are
Sixpence
Aged Burley Flake
MacBaren ODF Ready Rubbed
Corn Cob Pipe (and a button nose)

Got a special drawer of open tins that I'm looking to add to this list.

This week I've finished off several samples that showed up on my mailbox... Some aged Escudo, Marlin Flake, a home blended VAPer, a small sample of some really well aged Navy flake, and by the end of the weekend I'll have polished off some Dan's Patriot Flake.

Latest casualty... tin of Drew Estate Meat Pie circa 2013.

It's another blend that I had a few bowls from and then tossed into the bottom of my pile of jars. It was okay, but I won't be repurchasing. It tastes like a generic English blend. *shrug*

East India Co. Royal Challenge. I found all three offerings in that line to be very quality aro's, hence the stockpile of all three I have in the cellar now. I think it's time to start going through the cellar and opening/smoking the one offs I have which I won't re-order of stock up on.

Finished a very old tin of Orlik Brown today, then took a newbie 'baccy break to try the new Lane Andullo. For the record, it is quite good, IMO - and I don't usually care for cigar leaf blends.

Think that tomorrow or the next day I will dig into the last of my stash of Edgeworth from the mid-80's.

FM-Cellar, Also finished up a good sized sample of Dunhill-Nightcap last week? (if I recall correctly). I really like Nightcap and have been putting off any tobacco orders since I did the Cigars for myself and my Dad earlier this year. I think that time is soon coming when a large order shall be placed. I'll have to keep my eyes open for the Dunhill specials that pop-up every so often.

Last edited:
Top Bottom