What's new

Which Thayer's to use ?

After a post shave, cold water, splash I have been again splashing with unscented, non-alcohol, Thayer's. I don't seem to get anymore effect than I do with the cold water splash. I would like to find something more soothing. Do you think I should try non-alcohol, cucumber or some other scent or should I try super-med, or some other alcohol based Thayer's ?

Thanks in advance. Ron I

My wife and I like the Lavender, Rose petal, and I just got a bottle of Cucumber, and it's really good as well. Can't go wrong with Thayers.

I like the non alcohol lavender, cucumber is nice, but my favorite is peach (with alcohol). Its great after a cold water splash, and smells like real peaches.

First bottle, the regular then a bottle of non-alcohol, went back to the regular. I did have both for a time swapping back and forth and knew the third bottle was going to be the alcohol.

dave

In my experience, the scents don't linger. For instance, I use and really like the Cucumber, but who wants to smell like a cucumber all day. The scent goes away quickly, and you can then use an aftershave, cologne, or EdT.

TexLaw

Fussy Evil Genius
Right now, I have the Lemon and Super with alcohol, as well as the Rose Petal and Lavender without alcohol, and I enjoy all of they. They all have aloe. My choice is a matter of mood. I may throw a little menthol in the Lemon, though.

My suggestion is to order a sample pack of all the different types from Thayers and try them all. I did this several year ago and found the three that I like the best, which are cucumber, peach and super medicated. I also enjoy the Thayers as from time to time.

Superhazel all the way! I love the cooling effect of the camphor & eucalyptus. I'm pretty sure it has spearmint oil too. The scent fades quickly, so following up with AS isn't a problem.

I have tried all but the Rose scented...and I like them all for various reasons. I have in my possession currently the scents that I like the most. Medicated Superhazel, Peach, and Cucumber. For shaving I prefer the Peach or the Superhazel. The Superhazel I believe does a bit more than the others. It provides a healing/cooling/moisturizing effect on the skin and is perfect for those shaves that go a little awry or just any shave. The peach is really just a personal preference as I really love the scent. I keep the cucumber scented Thayer's in the fridge and keep it cool. The cucumber is great when I get sunburned or windburned or just straight up hot.

I recently tried Thayer's After Shave witch hazel. I hated it at first. Smelled like rubbing alcohol and burned like the dickens after a rough shave. About halfway through the first bottle I really started to like it. Now, after a shave, I can't wait to splash some on. I also use the regular unscented.

Super hazel is good, but I personally think the alcohol burn and cooling effects are subtle. I also have the Thayer's aftershave...not cooling, but much more alcohol if that's your thing!

Top Bottom