What's new

Injector Clones. or Modern Injectors (if you prefer)

After reading a thread about the Supply Provisions Single Edge (http://badgerandblade.com/vb/showth...pply-Provision-s-The-Single-Edge-SE-razor-yet) I am curious about other modern Injector-type razors.

I have heard about the Bunny Injector, but it seems like that one may or may not end up in production.

There is also the eBARBERSHOP Injector (on the site with the same name) and the Shave Classic Injector (available on Amazon and "Buy-it-now" on The Bay).

Has anyone used these? What are they like? I like the Schick Injectors that I currently own and might consider picking some of these up, if they are worth the investment.

Thanks.

I have never tried one of the knock-off injectors that you mention, but gents on the forum generally don't find them worth the money. Vintage Schick, PAL, and Personna injectors can be had for about the same price, and they have a proven track record that has stood the test of time..

I have the eBarbershop knock off of the Schick Type O. Pretty well built but don't know how it is compared to a real Type O because they are so hard to find. It gives a pretty decent shave and have not given me any problems. It is part of my rotation.

I have never tried one of the knock-off injectors that you mention, but gents on the forum generally don't find them worth the money. Vintage Schick, PAL, and Personna injectors can be had for about the same price, and they have a proven track record that has stood the test of time..

+1
Your Not Going To Top The Vintage Stuff And Sometimes One Can Be Found Cheap.

I'm not familiar with the Type O knock-off from eBarbershop, although I've heard some favorable things. Still, $30 for a Chinese knockoff seems a little high, and you can certainly find plenty of nice vintage injectors for significantly less.

I do have one of the Chinese knock-offs of the Type L that can be found on eBay and Amazon. I've never shaved with it as it is indeed a piece of junk. I can wiggle the guard back and forth, and if I press lightly on the back of the head with my thumb, the blade pops right over the blade stops. Avoid these.

--Bob

I'm not familiar with the Type O knock-off from eBarbershop, although I've heard some favorable things. Still, $30 for a Chinese knockoff seems a little high, and you can certainly find plenty of nice vintage injectors for significantly less.

--Bob

Well, if one can find a genuine Schick Type O, it comes at a very high price. the last one I saw on ebay was for $300 and so yes, a well made knock off for $30 just to get the experience was worth the price. That Type L that you got is a different story because you could find a lot of Type L for a reasonable price, and another B&B member that sells razors on ebay told me it was a *** and the Real Schick Type L was not the best Schick made anyway.

I have one of the knock offs from Ebay looks like the Shave Classic. Works just as well as any other vintage injector I have.

Agree 100%! Well stated, XX

I have the Ebarborshop knock off of the Schick model O and it seems to me to be well made? At least the one I received seems so. It shaves very well. And, I have not had any trouble loading blades. I have several nice old Schicks and I think the clone I got is A-OK.

Thank you for the information everyone!

These sound like they are hit-or-miss, so I will probably avoid them for now. I will be getting a Supply Provision razor and might get the Bunny (if it goes into production).

you may not be able to get a bunny. As there is no clear idea from the maker himself if hell go into production. The bunny was created as a "what if, can I do it" project. There IS a gentlemen in America who is trying to create some SE razors, adjustable and non adjustable. The only issue is, is that the focus is simplicity and usefulness and keeping the cost as low as possible so that people will actually buy it. You should look up the SE forum on REDACTED

Thanks for the information. I hope that eventually he can go into production.

FYI from the B&B TOU...
6a. Links to sites that duplicate B&B content - B&B is a free service for our members, and maintains a specific set of rules, posting limitations, and fee structure for those advertising goods, services, and outside information sources such as blogs, podcasts, videos, and sites which have similar content to B&B. Links, redirects, or pointing to content that duplicates B&B content is disallowed. Links to blogs (regardless of subject) are not permitted. In short, if it's a subject discussed on B&B, links to other sites may only be posted by approved and paid vendors.

Mentioning other sites that host shaving forums (i.e. duplicating B&B's content) is generally not allowed, per the TOU.

Top Bottom